The DC Universe has found the counterpart to their hero Shazam! Asher Angel (Andi Mack) will be playing Billy Batson, the young alter ego of Zachary Levi‘s Shazam. Billy is a teenage boy that says the name ‘Shazam’, an acronym of mythical gods Solomon, Hercules, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury, and then is transformed into a super-strong hero on the level of Superman.
The film is being directed by David F. Sandberg from a script by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke.
Angel currently plays Jonah Beck in the Disney Channel’s Andi Mack. The series has been in the news of late marking the network’s first storyline featuring a gay key character.
Shazam, also known as Captain Marvel, was created in 1939 by writer Bill Parker and artist C.C. Beck for Fawcett Comics, making his first appearance in Whiz Comics #2 (Feb 1940). The character would later be bought by DC Comics and be merged into the overall DC Universe along with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.
- Exclusive First Look At The Women Of Dynamite Comics Shipping February 2018 - November 17, 2017
- Mike Richardson And Paul Chadwick Talk Their Original Graphic Novel ‘Best Wishes’ - November 17, 2017
- Marvel’s Runaways Season 1: The Pride Will Be More Grounded Than The Comics - November 17, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: Melissa Benoist Talks Kara And Mon-El - November 17, 2017
- Is DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow Looking At Chris Rock To Play John Stewart? - November 17, 2017