The host of NBC’s The Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon, will be taking time off to grieve the passing of his mother Gloria. The Network has announced that the scheduled taping for the week of November 6th through 10th have been canceled and repeats will air in their place. Gloria Fallon passed away following a brief illness at the age of 68.
A spokesperson for NBC said:
On behalf of everyone at NBC, we extend our deepest condolences to Jimmy and all his family at this time of enormous loss. Our hearts go out to Jimmy and everyone else whose lives were so touched by Gloria Fallon’s love, kindness and support.
Fallon made the journey from stand up comedian to regular on Saturday Night Live where he starred from 1998 to 2004 before embarking on a movie career. He returned to television in 2009, taking on the 12:30 slot after the Tonight Show on NBC before moving up to the Tonight Show itself in 2014 following the Jay Leno.
- One More Thing: Questions About The Flash, Marvel’s Jessica Jones, and More - March 17, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: The Symbol You Know - March 17, 2018
- Martin Freeman Says Sherlock Isn’t Fun Anymore - March 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What is the A.S.A. that Gambi was Talking About? - March 17, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 13 Recap: Principia - March 17, 2018