Marc Jackson writes,
This year I’ve produced my latest poster to promote the midnight screening of The Last Jedi, at my local independent cinema CINEMAC in my hometown of Macclesfield, in Cheshire. I’ve done a poster every year since The Force Awakens came out in 2015 and not only does it give me chance to draw characters new and old from my favourite set of films, it also helps to promote my local cinema and keep folks in the town, rather than heading out to a large multiplex spending their money. This means a lot to me, as I’m a strong supporter of local businesses, but also to the venue itself as it’s constantly under threat from the potential rise of the evil empire, or, should I say, an impending multiplex! The first year’s midnight show was a sell out and nearly 300 fans flocked to the cinema to see the film we’d all been waiting for. There were folks in costume, lightsabers being swung left right and centre and a much deserved cheer when Han and Chewie first burst onto the screen! However, the most important thing to note is this, on this particular night and because they are an indie cinema, there were no adverts. So literally at 1 minute past midnight on that fateful night/morning we were watching Star Wars, possibly the first people in the UK to be doing this no less!
Come this December the 14th, we’ll be doing it all again, my poster this year features the ageing Luke Skywalker dozing off holding his lightsaber, hopefully something none of us will be doing on the night!
So, may the force be with you Macclesfield and to all of us. Let this day, er night, er… morning… be one that is long remembered!
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Takes Over Entertainment Weekly's December Issue
- Kurt Cobain, Jerry Garcia, And Elton John Form All-Star Funko Jam Band
- 2000AD Hits #2100, Judge Dredd Megazine Hits #400 in Rebellion September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New England Comics Launches The Tick #0 For San Diego Comic-Con - June 20, 2018
- Catwoman #1 Cover Suggests She May Not Get Married to Batman - June 20, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018