Pacific Rim Uprising comes out in March, and we get more and more information about it as the release date creeps closer. This time said information, and a new picture, comes from John Boyega and Empire Magazine. Boyega is playing Jake Pentecost, the son of Idris Elba‘s Stacker Pentecost from the first movie. However, Jake isn’t exactly an ideal citizen when we catch up with him at the beginning of the movie. Boyega says of the character:
“At the start of the film, he is an absolute crook. There are rogue Jaegers where people have collected spare parts and made their own machines. Jake is stealing from people and selling Jaeger parts.”
Despite being the son of a war hero, Jake doesn’t seem keen to live up to his father’s name.
Boyega, who is also a producer on the film, described the shoot as “very hard”:
“I had to slide down a Jaeger arm from top to bottom. I dropped down 20 feet straight. That was messed up.”
Boyega was extremely passionate about the movie during his New York Comic Con panel, and enthusiasm is a good thing when it comes to creative endeavors. The first movie wasn’t a huge hit, so maybe money isn’t the only motivator for this project.
Summary: Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, reunites with Mako Mori to lead a new generation of Jaeger pilots, including rival Lambert and 15-year-old hacker Amara, against a new Kaiju threat.
Pacific Rim Uprising, directed by Steven S. DeKnight, stars John Boyega, Tian Jing, Scott Eastwood, Adria Arjona, Charlie Day, and Burn Gorman. It will be released March 23rd, 2018.
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018