The end of last week’s The Flash showed Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) heading to her apartment only to find a message carved into her door. It’s pretty obvious that the message ties into the six months that she was away from S.T.A.R. Labs and dealing with the partial Killer Frost transformation. In the opening episode, we met Norvok (Mark Sweatman), and when Caitlin quit the bar, he referred to Amunet Black. Well, this week we’re going to get to meet Amunet, AKA the Blacksmith, as she is played by Katee Sackhoff from Battlestar Galactica.
Executive producer and co-showrunner Andrew Kreisberg talked about the actress’s debut to TVLine:
“Katee is so amazing in the show. The performance that she has brought to the character is so beyond anything you’d expect from her…. She is most definitely not playing [Battlestar’s] Starbuck.”
And that not the only new thing in the episode:
“I think it’s the first episode we’ve ever done where Barry doesn’t wear the suit. We started with the concept of, ‘Wouldn’t it be really funny if Barry goes for the bachelor party with the guys and Candice goes for a bachelorette party with the girls, and the guys end up having the worst night ever and the girls wind up saving the city?’ That was where we started from, and that’s where it ended up.”
That’s the downside to being or working with a superhero… they can’t even get one night off, it seems. Not even for their own parties.
The Flash Season 4 airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 22 Recap: The End - May 19, 2018
- HBO Chooses the Cleveland Browns for the New Season of Hard Knocks - May 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Decrypting Episode 9, ‘Hope’ - May 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Who is Coville’s Cult Worshiping Now? - May 18, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: 2 Sneak Peeks at Tonight’s Season Finale - May 18, 2018