The Carolina Panthers were one of the top rushing teams in the NFL the last few seasons, but there numbers have taken a serious dive even with spending a first round draft pick on running back Christian McCaffrey. Trying to get their running game started is one of the reasons the team traded away their top wide receiver earlier this week. The thinking being that their starting wide outs were Kelvin Benjamin who is 6’5″ and 248 lbs and Devin Funchess at 6’4″ and 227 lbs. Neither one of them are speedsters, which allowed defenses to play press coverage and stack the defense against the line to stop the run. Trading Benjamin to the Buffalo Bills, puts the more versatile Funchess in the X position and gets the faster receivers like Russel Sheppard and Curtis Samuel into the Y and allowing them to stretch the field, forcing the defense to play back a bit. This should open up the running lanes.
If that doesn’t work, they could try singing the defense to sleep… a we see in the video below, the running back trio of McCaffrey, Jonathan Stewart and Fozzy Whittaker can actually sing decently. Now if they can just get into rhythm on the field it should turn their offensive woes around. Here we see them doing a rendition of Bill Withers’ “Lean on Me“.
— Roaring Riot (@roaringriot) November 4, 2017
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018