HBO has confirmed that it has temporarily suspended production on the second season of Westworld after Zahn McClarnon (Fargo, Longmire) was hospitalized for an off-set injury. According to TMZ, the Season 2 recurring actor fell and hit his head at home. He was rushed to the hospital, where he was admitted into ICU care with brain trauma.
HBO confirmed that it was McClarnon in a statement released Friday afternoon:
“Actor Zahn McClarnon was hospitalized Wednesday night after sustaining an injury at home. He is on the mend and looking forward to getting back to work. ‘Westworld’ will resume filming on both units next week.”
Initial reports surfaced on Thursday when the cable network first announced that production on Season 2 was temporarily suspended due to a cast injury, but the name of that cast member was not released. At that time, HBO had released this statement:
“Due to a medical emergency involving a performer in a recurring role on season 2 of ‘Westworld,’ filming on one of the two units has been temporarily suspended. The cast member was not on set when this occurred, and out of respect for the performer’s privacy, we have no additional details to share, other than that everyone at ‘Westworld’ sincerely hopes for a quick recovery.”
McClarnon’s filmography also includes roles in AMC’s The Son as Toshaway; as well as in Netflix’s Longmire, which is set to debut its final season later this month. Other television credits include his role as Hanzee Dent in the second season of FX’s Fargo; SundanceTV series The Red Road; and a guest appearance on NBC’s Timeless.
Live without limits in a world where every human appetite can be indulged. From executive producers Lisa Joy, Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams, comes this dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the evolution of sin.
- Westworld: First Images of Season 2 Released, Dolores Gets New Look
- Star Wars Gets Some Innovative New Funko Pops Exclusive To Walmart
- Damon Lindelof’s ‘Watchmen’ Manifesto: Project a “Remix”; Not Direct Adaptation, Sequel - May 22, 2018
- Holly Marie Combs Is Not a Fan of The CW’s ‘Charmed’ Marketing - May 22, 2018
- Michelle Wolf’s Looking to ‘Break’ Late-Night in New Netflix Series Trailer - May 22, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘Big Mouth’ Season 2 Adds Jane the Virgin’s Gina Rodriguez, Wonder Woman’s David Thewlis - May 22, 2018
- I’m Dying Up Here’s Ginger Gonzaga Joins Jim Carrey’s Showtime Comedy Series ‘Kidding’ - May 21, 2018