In tragic news, former Veronica Mars actor Brad Bufanda passed away today at the age of 34. Bufanda died from injuries sustained after he jumped off of a building, according to Lt. David Smith of the Los Angeles Country coroner’s office.
His death was also confirmed by his manger, Kristen Solem, who released this statement:
“We are completely devastated for he was an extremely talented young actor and wonderful, caring human being. He was reviving his career, having just completed two movies, and we are shocked and saddened by his passing. The family would appreciate privacy at this difficult time.”
The California native was born Fred Joseph Bufanda III and legally changed his name in 2001. He played the troubled yet tender Felix Toombs for the first two seasons of fan-favorite series Veronica Mars. He was also on Co-ed Confidential, Days of Our Lives, Malcolm in the Middle, CSI: Miami and appeared in the 2004 film A Cinderella Story.
Bufanda was also athletic, having pursued a career as a professional basketball player. But that dream was cut short by an injury and he returned to acting.
If you are or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts, please contact The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- Writer’s Commentary: Crystal Frasier Talks Pathfinder: Spiral of Bones #1 - March 21, 2018
- Suits Promotes Amanda Schull to Series Regular for Season 8 - March 21, 2018
- Bids to Buy Carolina Panthers Have Reportedly Reached $2.5 Billion - March 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: Jay Ali of The Fosters Joins the Cast - March 21, 2018
- Hallmark Will Debut 34 New Christmas Movies This Year - March 21, 2018