One of the crown jewels in Blizzard’s crown is about to be shared with the entire kingdom as StarCraft II will become a free-to-play game on November 14th. The news came down from Battle.net’s official blog on the matter, detailing exactly what that means for players old and new. Below are some of the finer details, but in short, you can pretty much play the entire game of StarCraft II for free with no strings attached (beyond having to set up a Battle account).
Starting November 14, you’ll have free access to the original Wings of Liberty single-player campaign and every Co-op Commander, and will be able to unlock access to StarCraft II’s competitive multiplayer content for free. Here is a specific rundown of everything that will be available to you for free:
- The original Wings of Liberty campaign. Experience the original epic campaign that kicked off the StarCraft II saga! If you picked up Wings of Liberty previously but haven’t come back to StarCraft II in a while, we’ve got good news for you too—if you already own Wings of Liberty, you’ll receive the second installment in StarCraft II’s campaign, the zerg-focused Heart of the Swarm, for free. Make sure to log in between November 8 and December 8 to claim it.
- You will be able to access the ranked multiplayer ladder to compete with other players to become the best of the best, complete with all of the multiplayer units from Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, and Legacy of the Void. All you have to do to unlock it permanently is earn 10 First Wins of the Day in Unranked or Versus A.I. play—our way to preserve the quality and integrity of the ranked experience.
- Current and upcoming Co-op Commanders are available to play for free up to level five, and the level restriction for weekly mutations has been removed. You’ll be able to tackle these extra challenging missions with your friends right away. The Co-op Commanders Raynor, Kerrigan, andArtanis will remain completely free, meaning that you can keep leveling them to your heart’s content.
In other words, you can now play all of StarCraft II’s multiplayer, every Co-op Commander, and the entire first campaign in the single-player story, for free.
- 'StarCraft II' Is Now Officially Free To Play From Blizzard
- 159 Shots Of Cosplay At New York Comic Con Day One - Strawberry Shortcake To Pac Man And His Ghosts
- 'Overwatch' Game Of The Year Edition Hit Shelves Next Week
- StarCraft Remastered Will Be Here In August
- Blizzard Signs Major Third-Party Live Streaming Deal With Twitch
- Star Craft II Now Has Vicious AI Purifier Fenix Available As A Co-Op Commander
- Overwatch Shows Off the Artwork That Went Into Brigitte - March 17, 2018
- Nintendo Will Fix the Common Blade Bug in Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s Next Update - March 17, 2018
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Currently Holds the Most Evo 2018 Entrants - March 17, 2018
- Shorthand History Lessons with DK Books’ Justice League: The Ultimate Guide - March 17, 2018
- Square Enix Surprises Nintendo Switch and 3DS Owners with Impromptu Sale - March 17, 2018