Various outlets are this evening reporting that the reason that Stranger Things star Charlie Heaton wasn’t at the premiere Thursday night in Los Angeles because on Saturday when the 23-year old had arrived from the UK at LAX, sniffer dogs alerted officials to traces of white powder in his bags. The powder, it turned out, was cocaine.
Law enforcement confirmed to THR that:
They had found traces of cocaine on Heaton and that the actor admitted the consumption of drugs to them [sic].
While drugs were found it was deemed to be only a “personal use” amount, so rather than being charged, Heaton, who plays the character of Jonathan Byers on the hit Netflix series was put on another flight later the same day back to London. Had there been a “substantial amount” then he would have been charged and arrested.
US Customs and Border Protection have declined to comment on if it would prove to be a problem in the future for Heaton to return to the country. Stranger Things isn’t Heaton’s only US-based project at the moment, with Fox’s Marvel-based New Mutants film slated to release on April 13th (however principal photography did wrap back in mid-September). In New Mutants, he’ll be playing the mutant Cannonball.
Heaton has been in a dozen productions since first appearing in ITV’s crime drama DCI Banks. His other credits include BBC’s long-running British medical drama, Casualty, Shut In, and As You Are.
The UK-based Sun reports that a representative for Heaton had only this to say, “I have no comment to make.”
- Millie Bobby Brown Recap Raps Stranger Things Season 1
- Demogorgon Fan? Stranger Things Fan? Check Out This McFarlane Figure!
- Veteran Actor Christopher McDonald Arrested For DUI, Informs Cops He's A Star
- Stranger Things Season 2 Review- A Rare Sequel That Lives Up To The Hype
- Oklahoma City Thunder Ok After Plane Hits...Something
- X-Men: The New Mutants Director Josh Boone Talks A Trilogy
- Was The Set Of X-Men: The New Mutants Haunted?
- Josh Boone Talks Horror Influences For X-Men: The New Mutants
- Stranger Things 2: The Final Trailer Shows Things Are Getting Bigger
- Riding The Streets Of NYC In A 'Stranger Things 2' Pedi-Cab
- How MoviePass Will Let You See 365 Movies a Year for $90, and Why Theater Chains Are Furious About It - January 2, 2018
- 2017 Film Countdown #1: From Arrival to Blade Runner 2049, The Dune Reboot Found its Director - December 31, 2017
- 2017 TV Countdown #1: Fandom Loses Richard Hatch, Star of Battlestar Galactica - December 31, 2017
- Black Mirror Outdoes Both Star Trek and The Orville with USS Callister - December 31, 2017
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenges Lets Fans Unleash the Force in Their Living Rooms - December 29, 2017