The creative forces behind the Stargate franchise are hoping their fans believe in the old adage that you can’t really know where you’re going until you know where you’ve been. Because the Stargate is open once again, so take a look at the first behind-the-scenes teaser for the upcoming Stargate: Origins and see for yourself how the past and future begin to intersect for a younger Catherine Langford (Ellie Gall)
“We had stunts and we had blood and we had emotional moments, and I feel like we really hit all those; and at the end, it was going and going and going and going.”
– Mercedes Bryce Morgan, director
Written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry, Stargate: Origins explores the history of both Langford’s legacy and the beginnings of the Stargate, and sets foundations for the timeline’s future. Ellie Gall (A Place to Call Home) is also on board as Professor Langford’s daughter, who begins “an unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from unimaginable darkness.”
The 10-episode series is set to premiere on Stargate Command, a new streaming service devoted to the Stargate movies and television series; and is meant to coincide with the 20th anniversary of Stargate SG-1‘s premiere in 1997.
Stargate: Origins’ first teaser also offers fans a look at props, the sound stage and some of the sets from the series. From the cast and creative, we get to see series director Morgan and as well as cast members Philip Alexander, Salome Azizi, Michelle Jubilee Gonzalez, Daniel Rashid, Sarah Navratil, Shvan Aladdin, Tonatiuh Elizarraraz, Derek Chariton, Justin Michael Terry, Lincoln Werner Hoppe and Aylam Orian.
Launched as the definitive homepage for Stargate fans, Stargate Command offers fans access to all three previous Stargate series (Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe) as well as the three films (Stargate, Stargate: The Ark of Truth, and Stargate: Continuum) for a $20 one-time “all access” charge.
- Hellboy Is A Perfect Funko Pop And You Need One
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wins Halloween With Seven Inspired Costume
- Is There Finally Something On The Way From Magic Leap?
- Bring Out Your Dead! 805: Bleeding Cool’s The Walking Dead LIVE-BLOG! - November 19, 2017
- The Walking Dead Season 8, Episode 4 Recap: “And Yet I Smile” - November 19, 2017
- It’s Mickey Mouse’s Birthday, And Uniqlo Is Giving YOU The Presents! - November 18, 2017
- Highway 59: FX Adapting Attica Locke’s Bluebird, Bluebird To Series - November 17, 2017
- The Weekly Static S01E14: Murray, Marvel, A “Million” Moms & More! - November 17, 2017