Some of you in the Capcom community may know Peter Rosas better as Combofiend, others may know him as a community manager, and some know him as a producer for Street Fighter V and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Very few people have bad words to say about the man, who has done a lot for the company during his time there. Which is why it’s shocking that today he announced he is departing Capcom. Below is a small portion of his farewell letter, which you can read in full here, as we patiently wait to hear where he’s going and what he’s doing next.
I know I’ve been less visible lately as I’ve been working on our latest fighting games, but I did want to thank you all directly for your support and share a fond farewell as I depart from Capcom.
The last five years or so have been a blur! When I first came to Capcom, the only thing on my mind was getting more people to play Capcom fighting games. From the various Street Fighter games, various Versus games, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, to you name it, Capcom fighting games have been a core component of both my youth and adulthood. In my youth, these games allowed me to foster friendships through playing with others at my local arcade, which would not have happened otherwise. In my adulthood, they’ve provided me the ability to bond with so many people across the world as we share our love for them. It was these experiences and more that I wanted those unfamiliar with fighting games to also experience.
- Michael Myers Goes Up For Preorder From Mezco Tomorrow – Happy Halloween!
- Two New Japanese Trailers Hit For 'Okami HD Remaster'
- Check Out All The New DLC Costumes For 'Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite'
- Capcom Shows Off New Oddball Skins For 'Street Fighter V'
- The 'Resident Evil' Board Game Nearing $1M On Kickstarter
- A New Japanese 'Monster Hunter: World' Commercial Shows Off Much More
- There’s a Shortage of Copies of Octopath Traveler in Japan - July 15, 2018
- According to Multiple Reports, Pokémon GO Fest Was a Success This Time - July 15, 2018
- MoonQuest is Finally Released After Seven Years of Development - July 15, 2018
- Konami Offers Internship to the P.T. Remake Creator After Shut Down - July 15, 2018
- Fortnite’s First Summer Skirmish Called Off Due to Server Lag - July 15, 2018