Rebellion, publisher of 2000AD came to MCM London Comic Con with a booth on the show floor and a presentation at the Diamond Retailer Meeting upstairs. And they had things to sell to the retailers in attendance. Here;s a look at some of their plans for the year ahead.
4th of May will bring a new digest format for Rebellion and they are using it to reprint their DC Comics crossovers Judgment On Gotham and Vendetta On Gotham as 2000AD Digest: Batman/Dredd, for just £6.99. Expect more commercial similar titles to come.
They are reprinting the classic Ant Wars series in February, with bonus content from Si Spurrier.
13th December 2000AD X-Mas Prog 100 pages, which will answer what became of Star Lord?
And Angela Merkel – or someone very similar in looks – will appear in Brass Sunday.
Misty Vol 2, continues their Treasury Of British Comics line as Misty Vol 1 sold out. They see it as a ground zero for Gotham Academy
The Definitive Ken Reid Faceache collection is out next month with an Alan Moore introduction – rare for Rebellion these days.
The Beatles Story by Arthur Ranson is being reprinted , from 1982 – and unlike The Fifth Beatle is more Fab Four than Brian Epstein.
MACH 1 by Wagner and Mills is being reprinted for the first time, Six Million Dollar Man meets James Bond
Von Hoffman’s Invasion, Book One, will be out in May promising old school madness…
And Charley’s War: The Definitive Collections will have less arty and more comicky covers than last time these were collected by Titan, with original colour spreads reinstated, for the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War, with a lower more accessible paperback price.
And more to peek at… anything take your fancy at all?
- Obi-Wan Gets An Interesting New Black Series Figure
- Marvel Comics Liquidates the Retailer Liquidation List: Almost 1000 Titles Must Go - December 16, 2017
- Could We Get an Exclusive Star Wars Comic Featuring Rey in This Month’s Loot Crate? - December 16, 2017
- I Like Bi Books and I Cannot Lie: Elizabeth Beier’s Trials and Errors - December 16, 2017
- Shonen Magazine to Run “Marvel Manga Awards” to Recruit Japanese Marvel Talent - December 16, 2017
- A New Age of Comics Begins in Albuquerque, New Mexico - December 16, 2017