It looks like the truly insane amount of Coke that Shazam! director David F. Sandberg has been drinking has finally paid off. According to The Hollywood Reporter Zachary Levi has been cast as the star of the DC Comics adaptation.
The actor will star in the DC comic book adaptation Shazam!, which follows a boy named Billy Batson, who can transform into an adult superhero by uttering the magic word “Shazam!” The name is an acronym of the ancient world gods and historical figures Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury, from which the big Batson derives his heroic attributes when in adult form.
Levi will play the adult character Shazam, while no word on who is going to be the young actor to play the kid version of the character.
Levi is best known for his work on the NBC show Chuck but he’s no stranger to the superhero genre. He’s also had roles as Fandral in Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok.
Sandberg posted the following to instagram:
The Hollywood Reporter is also saying that ‘The film is being developed concurrently with a film focusing on Shazam villain Black Adam to star Dwayne Johnson” which is the first anyone has mentioned that Black Adam was in active development.
Shazam!, directed by Sandberg, stars Zachary Levi and will be written by Henry Gayden It will be released on April 5th, 2019.
- Emma, Darren Young, and Summer Rae Released Form The WWE
- Stranger Things Season 2 Review- A Rare Sequel That Lives Up To The Hype
- Oklahoma City Thunder Ok After Plane Hits...Something
- Shazam Movie: What Do Dolph Lundgren, The King Of Sweden, and Doctor Snuggles Have To Do With It?
- Did Tom Holland Just Reveal the Title to the Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel? - June 23, 2018
- Todd Mcfarlane Says the Production for Spawn Will Be Very Low Key - June 23, 2018
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic-Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller ‘Searching’ - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and The Wasp Featurette, Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018