We catch up with Jon Schnitzer, director of Haunters: The Art of the Scare, which presents two competing visions for haunted attractions in America. There’s the traditional boo-scare style of haunt as seen in the guise of Shar Meyer, legendary scare actress, and haunt designer Donald Julson; and then the new “extreme” vision exemplified by Russ McKamey of the McKamey Manor in San Diego. We talk about what went into this documentary and the many choices a documentarian makes.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
Castle of Horror Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or on YouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, writer of IDW’s Ben 10 series and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing. Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio of Clockwerx from Humanoids, attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver, and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle Of Horror: Stranger Things 2: What Does The Mohawk Mean? - November 7, 2017
- Castle Of Horror: Stranger Things 2 Is Awesome, But Is Binge-Watching Killing Culture? - November 4, 2017
- Castle Talk: Jon Schnitzer Brings You The Haunts Of America - October 25, 2017
- Castle Talk: Grady Hendrix Is Ready To Guide You Through The Paperbacks From Hell - October 24, 2017
- Castle Of Horror: Haunters: Can A Haunted House Be Straight-Up Immoral? - October 23, 2017