Something that has been puzzling many a gamer is why Bethesda, a company who usually incorporate multiplayer options in their games when they can, would choose not to put it in one of their most anticipated titles of the year in Wolfenstein II. Turns out the answer is pretty simplistic, but not one fans of multiplayer will want to hear. In an interview with GameIndustry.biz, Machine Games’ narrative designer Tommy Tordsson Björk explained that the reason none of the Wolfenstein relaunched titles have multiplayer is that they want to focus on telling a better story and don’t want it watered down with a focus on multiplayer like many titles are.
“The only way we can create these super immersive narrative experiences is if we can solely focus on the single-player,” he said. “Having a multiplayer component in this work process would just dilute it all. That’s the danger if you try to do two things at once. … “We just keep our heads together, and focus on making a really good single-player game… Doing our thing is what makes the game great.”
The reasoning is sound, as I myself could lose count of all the FPS titles that have terrible campaigns but amazing multiplayer levels. Whether or not that commitment to the game makes you want to buy it is another story, as Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes out on October 27th for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
- Bethesda Lay Out The 'Wolfenstein II' DLC Roadmap
- The 'Wolfenstein II' Timer Is Counting Down To A Release
- Wasp Gets A Ridiculously Awesome Statue From Sideshow
- The Launch Trailer For 'Wolfenstein II' Will Leave You Psyched
- Wolfenstein II Has Weighed In On The Nazi Punching Debate
- Wolfenstein 2 Teaser Angers Alt-Right Twitter With "Make America Nazi Free Again" Slogan
- The First Appearance Of Wolfenstein II: New Colossus' The Professor In Tomorrow's Comic Book
- Trying Out A More Refined Version Of 'Wolfenstein II' At PAX West
- The London Spitfire Advance to the Semifinals of the Overwatch League - July 15, 2018
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Gets a Nintendo Switch Overview Trailer - July 14, 2018
- Dataminers Show Off All The Season Five Gear in Fortnite - July 14, 2018
- Celebi Has Been Added For Pokémon GO Fest Attendees - July 14, 2018
- Kadokawa Games Officially Announces God Wars 2 in Development - July 14, 2018