A couple of different outlets have picked up on the unsurprising news from Press Start today, who got their hands on Star Wars: Battlefront II and discovered the story isn’t as long as many had hoped. The author of the article went through the main campaign of the game and got to talk to Motive’s studio producer David Robillard, who ended up saying that story only lasts about five to seven hours total, “maybe eight”. Here’s a snippet from the article.
In regards to the campaign’s length Robillard stated, “…we thought that around 5-7, maybe 8 hours is probably a good amount of time…we wanted to stay very driven towards the Star Wars fantasy that the players are going to experience and not have it be drawn out.” All up, my playthrough of the first three chapters amounted to around an hour and a half of gameplay.
That’s a disappointing statistic for a number of reasons, as fans were hoping the campaign would be a much grander story to tell what happened to the Empire and the Rebellion in greater detail immediately following Return Of The Jedi. Especially since most of the books (like the Timothy Zahn novels) have now been killed off as actual canon. Instead, it appears the focus will be much more narrow in scope if you use the 40/60 rule for gameplay. Hopefully, we here at Bleeding Cool will get a chance to play for review to let you know what’s up and judge it for ourselves.
- EA Continues To Dig A Hole Over 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Controversy
- More Reveals Within The 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Launch Trailer
- EA & Dice Fix Their 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Crate System
- Sony To Kick Off Paris Games Week With A Preshow On Monday
- Sony Shows Off Two New Dualshock 4 Controllers For PS4
- Get A Look At The 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Special Edition PS4
- The Beta For Star Wars: Battlefront II Has Been Extended
- Final Fantasy IX Tops PS4 Download Charts
- New Footage Released Of 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Story Mode
- Sony Shows Off New Titles With Latest PlayStation 4 Ad
- Origin Access & EA Access Are Getting Newer Games Added
- Twitch and Square Enix Come Together for a Final Fantasy XV Kooky Bundle - March 22, 2018
- Controlling the Finesse: We Review the Lexip 3DM-Pro Gaming Mouse - March 21, 2018
- Experimenting With Options: We Review the Scuf Impact Controller for PS4 - March 21, 2018
- Something for Beginners: We Review Razer’s Cynosa Chroma Gaming Keyboard - March 21, 2018
- What’s In The Box?!: Loot Gaming – March 2018 - March 21, 2018