Last week’s Supergirl changed things quite a bit as Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath) moved over to CatCo to work with Kara Danvers (Melissa Benoist), leaving her new employee Samantha Arias (Odette Annable) to run L Corp. Which should all be perfectly fine until Sam makes her complete transition into the Worldkiller later this year and puts Lena in between the Reign and Supergirl.
Now, we’re told that Lena won’t find out that Kara is Supergirl any time soon, McGrath told EW.com:
It would stand to reason that she might be stuck in the middle of Reign and Supergirl and Samantha and Supergirl. But I don’t know if she’ll ever be stuck in the middle of Kara and Samantha, because she still is never going to know.
There must be something more to this as the Arrowverse shows are known for throwing away secret identities early on so they don’t have to deal with those awkward, sitcom style moments of constantly trying to protect a true identity. It was the nice thing they got rid of in the jump from CBS to CW and we found out at the end of last season that Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart) already knew. So, the fact they are bring that element back must mean they’re doing it for a payoff later on. Like Lena will feel betrayed when she finds out, etc.
Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 PM on the CW.
- Joe West: A Reason Flash Fans Should Be Thankful - November 23, 2017
- Mick Rory: A Reason Legends Of Tomorrow Fans Should Be Thankful - November 23, 2017
- Quentin Lance: A Reason Arrow Fans Should Be Thankful - November 23, 2017
- Winn Schott: A Reason Supergirl Fans Should Be Thankful - November 23, 2017
- Butch Gilzean: A Reason Gotham Fans Should Be Thankful - November 23, 2017