What would the month of October be without John Carpenter films and music? The ‘Master Of Horror’ has crafted some of the more enduring titles in the genre, along with instantly recognizable tunes.
On October 20th 2017 Carpenter will release a collection of score highlights called “Anthology: Movie Themes 1974-1998”. With pieces mostly composed by himself, the offerings will span the majority of his career. These tracks have been re-recorded by Carpenter and his family band, Sacred Bones Records is handling distribution, making this the third consecutive album together.
In a recent interview with Billboard (which is a fabulous read if you’re a fan of Carpenter’s) the subject of the upcoming new Halloween film and subsequent score came up:
Speaking of Halloween, we’re now a year out from David Gordon Green’s Halloween film. What can you tell me about the extent of your involvement with that?
I am an executive producer and it looks clear to me that I’ve made a deal to do the music.
I was hoping you would say that. Will you be updating the original music or creating something entirely new?
There are many options. I’ll be consulting with the director to see what he feels. I could create a new score, we could update the old score and amplify it, or we could combine those two things. I’ll have to see the movie to see what it requires.
Meanwhile, Carpenter also revealed that the new film will only acknowledge the first Halloween film, as opposed to the first two, which was what was previously believed to be the case.
“Her [Jamie Lee Curtis] part was written into the script and they had this idea — it’s kind of a… I don’t know how to describe it. It’s almost an alternative reality. It picks up after the first one, and it pretends that none of the other [sequels] were made. It’s gonna be fun. There’s a really talented director and it was well-written. I’m impressed.”
This changes things immensely in the scope of that this new Halloween film may be. Especially if they’re really ignoring Halloween 2, as that’s where Laurie (Jamie Lee Curtis) is revealed to be Michael Myers’ sister.
- Jamie Lee Curtis Dons a Wig for 'Halloween', Production Begins on New Film
- Halloween Comes Back To Theaters All Over The World Next Week
- Kratos Is Coming From NECA, And He Looks Fantastic
- Flash Gets A Cool Play Art Figure That Makes His Movie Suit Awesome
- Masters Of The Universe Gets A Giant Wave Of Funko Pops
- The Essential Bourdain: A Cook’s Tour Season 1, Vol. 3 - June 19, 2018
- Jennifer Lee, Pete Docter Named Chief Creative Officers of Disney, Pixar - June 19, 2018
- Official Poster for Creed II Hits, Confirms Thanksgiving Release - June 19, 2018
- ‘The Meg’ Takes a Bite with New International Trailer and Poster - June 19, 2018
- CBS’s 5 Year Mission with Alex Kurtzman and “Expanded Star Trek Universe” - June 19, 2018