The End of the F***ing World is an upcoming eight-part darkly comic road trip TV series based on the comics of Charles Forsman. It invites viewers into the confused lives of teen outsiders James (Alex Lawther of Black Mirror and The Imitation Game) and Alyssa (Jessica Barden of The Lobster, Ellen, and Penny Dreadful) as they decide to escape from their families and embark on a road trip to find Alyssa’s estranged father.
As the pair get caught up in a series of violent events, they find themselves on a journey of discovery that becomes progressively ominous, trailed by two uniquely mismatched police detectives — played by BAFTA-winning Wunmi Mosaku (Damilola Our Loved Boy) and Gemma Whelan (Game of Thrones, The Moorside).
And we have a clip, specially for Bleeding Cool.
James, 17, is pretty sure he’s a psychopath — emotionally detached, cold and disdainful, he’s decided he’s ready to graduate from killing animals. He thinks it might be interesting to kill something bigger: a human. And he’s got the perfect person in mind…
Alyssa, also 17, is new in school — cool and moody, she’s existential angst made flesh. But despite being popular at school, she still feels like she doesn’t belong. Spotting James one day at school, however, she thinks she may have found a soulmate…
The End of the F***ing World is written by Charlie Covell, directed by Jonathan Entwistle and Lucy Tcherniak and produced by Kate Ogborn for Clerkenwell Films and Dominic Buchanan Productions. Executive Producers are Murray Ferguson, Ed Macdonald, Andy Baker, Petra Fried, Jonathan Entwistle and Dominic Buchanan. The show is a co-production with Netflix.
The End of the F***ing World launches on Tuesday, October 24th at 10:20 p.m. on Channel 4, after which the full boxset will be available on All 4. And you can find the original comics right here.
- Halloween Comes Back To Theaters All Over The World Next Week
- Kratos Is Coming From NECA, And He Looks Fantastic
- Flash Gets A Cool Play Art Figure That Makes His Movie Suit Awesome
- Masters Of The Universe Gets A Giant Wave Of Funko Pops
- Neal Adams Calls For Auschwitz Museum To Return Paintings To Dina Babbit - November 17, 2017
- Was That A Doomsday Clock Reference In The Justice League Movie? - November 17, 2017
- After 42 Years, Seattle’s Zanadu Comics To Close In 2018 - November 17, 2017
- The Full Comic Creator Credits From The Justice League Movie - November 17, 2017
- SCOOP: C.B. Cebulski Is The New Editor-In-Chief Of Marvel Comics - November 17, 2017