Kid Lobotomy by Peter Milligan and Tess Fowler is the first series from Shelley Bond‘s new imprint from IDW, Black Crown, published today.
It came with a standard cover by Tess Fowler , a variant cover by Frank Quitely and 1-in-10 gold foil cover to any store that ordered 10 copies or more. Which looks like this.
And it is that gold foil cover which, somehow has caused a problem. Retailers have received the following notice, asking them to rip the cover off their gold foil copies and return it, receiving a replacement copy in November.
Due to a misapplication of the foil treatment, the copies of KID LOBOTOMY #1 10 COPY INCENTIVE (AUG170375) you received for on-sale today were misprinted.
You will be receiving corrected replacement copies in a future shipment (likely with product on sale November 1). IDW is asking that you return these misprinted copies as strip-cover returns.
IDW and Diamond regret any inconvenience. If you have additional questions regarding this advisory, please contact your Diamond Retailer Services Representative. Thank you.
Anyone have any idea… why? Copies currently sell for $10 on eBay. Expect that to go up rather quickly.
KID LOBOTOMY #1 CVR A FOWLER
(W) Peter Milligan (A/CA) Tess Fowler
Kafka meets King Lear by way of Young Frankenstein in KID LOBOTOMY, a dark, demented, monthly satire that follows a dysfunctional family of hoteliers. Will sibling rivalry, seduction, and shapeshifting eventually lead to sanity or salvation?
Big Daddy is a rich hotelier who, in a cracked echo of King Lear, appoints his youngest descendant to manage The Suites, a peculiar hotel located behind the Black Crown Pub. Affectionately known as Kid, his good looks and swagger can’t hide a rough childhood of strange therapies and brain operations that have awakened inner demons and psychodramas. This of course makes him eminently qualified to perform lobotomies. A failed rockstar/successful madman gets one last change to prove his worth-and regain his sanity-by turning the hotel that was once his childhood sanctuary into a lucrative business, despite a host of obstacles-including his own sister-who would love nothing more than to see him fail miserably.
Kid Lobotomy is co-created/written by Peter Milligan (Shade, the Changing Man, Brittania, Hellblazer) and illustrated by Tess Fowler (Rat Queens) with “A” covers by Fowler, a “B” cover by Frank Quitely, and a retailer incentive cover by comics superstar Frank Quitely (Jupiter’s Legacy, We3)
• Grab your cockroach! Black Crown debuts here!
• Special 23 pages of story in the first issue!
• Letter columns, creator interviews, process pages & more!
• Previews for upcoming Black Crown series!In Shops: Oct 18, 2017
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018