Once upon a time, Frank Cho was commissioned by DC Comics to draw 24 cover for the Rebirthed comic book Wonder Woman. Then Greg Rucka agreed to write the book. Frank had had a fractious relationship with Rucka in the past, and this was a comic which may be more sensitive than other to issues of “outrage” that Cho had played with in his other work, and asked that a condition of the gig be that Rucka would not have editorial oversight over his covers.
But Greg Rucka agreed that he would have editorial oversight into the covers. And Rucka got it in writing. So after a little back and forth, Frank Cho left. And Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner asked if he’s be open to drawing variant covers on their new Harley Quinn comic.
And he did. While also working on his Wonder Woman graphic novel.
Coming up in November, this is Frank’s 25th variant cover for the series for Harley Quinn #32. And, checking the solicits, he is still on the comic even after Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti stop writing it in December.
Here’s the original art…
And in colour.HARLEY QUINN #32 VAR ED
(W) Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti (A) John Timms, Bret Blevins (CA) Frank Cho
“Vote Harley” conclusion! One of the people Harley loves most in this world is dead, and the Mayor is to blame! Revenge won’t make Harley feel better…but that doesn’t mean she won’t take it!
In Shops: Nov 22, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Another 200 Graphic Novels And TPBs Liquidated By DC Comics To Retailers – G To W - November 23, 2017
- Port Of Earth And Artgerm Supergirl Top Up Advance Reorders - November 23, 2017