Once upon a time, Frank Cho was commissioned by DC Comics to draw 24 cover for the Rebirthed comic book Wonder Woman. Then Greg Rucka agreed to write the book. Frank had had a fractious relationship with Rucka in the past, and this was a comic which may be more sensitive than other to issues of “outrage” that Cho had played with in his other work, and asked that a condition of the gig be that Rucka would not have editorial oversight over his covers.
But Greg Rucka agreed that he would have editorial oversight into the covers. And Rucka got it in writing. So after a little back and forth, Frank Cho left. And Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner asked if he’s be open to drawing variant covers on their new Harley Quinn comic.
And he did. While also working on his Wonder Woman graphic novel.
Coming up in November, this is Frank’s 25th variant cover for the series for Harley Quinn #32. And, checking the solicits, he is still on the comic even after Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti stop writing it in December.
Here’s the original art…
And in colour.HARLEY QUINN #32 VAR ED
(W) Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti (A) John Timms, Bret Blevins (CA) Frank Cho
“Vote Harley” conclusion! One of the people Harley loves most in this world is dead, and the Mayor is to blame! Revenge won’t make Harley feel better…but that doesn’t mean she won’t take it!
In Shops: Nov 22, 2017
- Fat Jack’s Comicrypt Displays Crisis #8 Artwork For the First Time During Tom King’s Heroes In Crisis Signing - September 24, 2018
- Denver Comic Con Changes Name to Denver Pop Culture Con For 2019 - September 24, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #2 - September 24, 2018
- Do You Remember… Superman’s Penis? - September 24, 2018
- Preview: Tee Franklin and Alitha E. Martinez’ Jook Joint, Out For New York Comic-Con - September 24, 2018