The moment you’ve either been waiting for, or dreading, is here. Bungie has finally released the first prestige raid for Destiny 2. That’s right, the excruciatingly hard mode for the Leviathan raid is now live.
Bungie made the announcement this morning on Twitter once the raid went up after the game’s weekly reset and maintenance.
The Prestige raid is now live. Good luck! We will be watching. pic.twitter.com/7eTn8BsVJx
— Bungie (@Bungie) October 18, 2017
Announced earlier this month, the more difficult version of the Leviathan raid introduces some tougher enemies and “minimal” mechanical changes to the encounters. So you shouldn’t be too out of your depth as long as you know how Leviathan should run. As Bungie previously noted on their website, due to the Raid’s heightened difficulty, they don’t “expect everyone to be successful.” That said, they will be checking in to see who completes the raid and how creative players get in dealing with it.
The prestige raid comes with a recommended power level of 300 and is intended to be more of a challenge than a “boon to your character progression.” However, those who are able to conquer the Raid will earn “unique rewards” and likely some incredibly spiffy looking gear.
The raid was intended to release last week, but Bungie delayed the release following the discovery of an exploit that caused “encounters to be stripped of their intended challenge.” Which would have quite literally shot the prestige raid right in the foot. So now that the exploit is gone, we can go get our butts kicked even more.
- Bungie Reveals The 'Destiny 2' PC Schedule
- Bungie Stops 'Destiny 2' Trials Of The Nine For The Next Two Weeks
- Iron Tides Review: Pokémon with Vikings - December 14, 2017
- Like Monster Hunter and Destiny: Hands-on with Dauntless - December 14, 2017
- Duelyst Review: Charming Visuals and Chess Strategies - December 14, 2017
- Lineage II: Revolution Review: Impressive, but Not Quite Impressive Enough - December 14, 2017
- DOOM VFR Review: Slick, Sweet Satanic Fun - December 14, 2017