Batman: The Drowned by Dan Abnett, Philip Tan, Tyler Kirkham, Dean White and Arif Prianto is the latest Metal spinoff featuring a Batman who has gone off-piste and part of the dark dimensions of the multiverse, nightmares, failing stories and doomed realities. This one features a Batman who has undergone genetic modification to breathe underwater and fight against Atlantis, in her own dimension. And yes, this dimension has been genderflipped.
Meet Bryce Wayne…. fighting against Aquaman in the DC Universe.
But recalling her battles against Aquawoman in her own dimension.
And avenging Sylvester… Kyle? I thought I saw a putty tat. Of course, cats hate water…
But apparently bats are fine with it. Can we expect this to be one of the dark dimensions that DC Comics characters may return to? As it’s not just Batman here who has changed but everyone.
BATMAN THE DROWNED #1
(W) Dan Abnett (A) Philip Tan (CA) Jason Fabok
As the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL rock the DC Universe, the creatures of the Dark Multiverse stand ready to invade our world! How can even the World’s Greatest Heroes stop a horde of deadly beings that appear to be powerful, nightmare versions of familiar figures? Find out in these special tie-in issues!In Shops: Oct 18, 2017
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018