Batman: The Drowned by Dan Abnett, Philip Tan, Tyler Kirkham, Dean White and Arif Prianto is the latest Metal spinoff featuring a Batman who has gone off-piste and part of the dark dimensions of the multiverse, nightmares, failing stories and doomed realities. This one features a Batman who has undergone genetic modification to breathe underwater and fight against Atlantis, in her own dimension. And yes, this dimension has been genderflipped.
Meet Bryce Wayne…. fighting against Aquaman in the DC Universe.
But recalling her battles against Aquawoman in her own dimension.
And avenging Sylvester… Kyle? I thought I saw a putty tat. Of course, cats hate water…
But apparently bats are fine with it. Can we expect this to be one of the dark dimensions that DC Comics characters may return to? As it’s not just Batman here who has changed but everyone.
BATMAN THE DROWNED #1
(W) Dan Abnett (A) Philip Tan (CA) Jason Fabok
As the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL rock the DC Universe, the creatures of the Dark Multiverse stand ready to invade our world! How can even the World’s Greatest Heroes stop a horde of deadly beings that appear to be powerful, nightmare versions of familiar figures? Find out in these special tie-in issues!In Shops: Oct 18, 2017
- Glitchwatch on Amazon Kindle DC Super Hero Girls: Out of the Bottle - July 18, 2018
- WonderCon Statistics at San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Deadpool Toilet Seat Covers from SDCC Hotels Are Being Sold for $40 Each on eBay - July 18, 2018
- Joshua Middleton’s Cover to Batgirl #25 as Tom Derenick Joins the Team - July 18, 2018
- Doomsday Clock #1 Goes to Fourth Printing, #2 to Third, and Titans #23 to Second - July 18, 2018