As Collected Editions were first to point out, for the listing of Superwoman Vol 3 from DC Comics, the solicitation called this “the finale of one of the most unique tales in DC history,” suggesting the series may end with issue 18. That would be the first of the DC Rebirth series to come to an end – still a remarkable 18 month run for the line, given the current state of the market. And given that it launched with a massive bait and switch, promising a Lois Lane Superwoman series before instantly killing her off and giving the title to her fellow Superwoman Lana Lang.
And so it has come to pass with this solicitation from DC Comics’ January solicits,
Written by K. PERKINS
Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and ART THIBERT
Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“THE MIDNIGHT HOUR” finale! A day in the life of Superwoman…but someone else is in the driver’s seat! Will Superwoman manage to break her mind free from Midnight’s digital grasp and dispel her twisted protocol once and for all?
On sale JANUARY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE
Will #18 be the cut off date for more than one series? Just that Blue Beetle #18 is due in February 2018… and now-deleted tweets from its writer Chris Sebela suggested that series would be over with #18 as well.
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018