As Collected Editions were first to point out, for the listing of Superwoman Vol 3 from DC Comics, the solicitation called this “the finale of one of the most unique tales in DC history,” suggesting the series may end with issue 18. That would be the first of the DC Rebirth series to come to an end – still a remarkable 18 month run for the line, given the current state of the market. And given that it launched with a massive bait and switch, promising a Lois Lane Superwoman series before instantly killing her off and giving the title to her fellow Superwoman Lana Lang.
And so it has come to pass with this solicitation from DC Comics’ January solicits,
Written by K. PERKINS
Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and ART THIBERT
Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“THE MIDNIGHT HOUR” finale! A day in the life of Superwoman…but someone else is in the driver’s seat! Will Superwoman manage to break her mind free from Midnight’s digital grasp and dispel her twisted protocol once and for all?
On sale JANUARY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE
Will #18 be the cut off date for more than one series? Just that Blue Beetle #18 is due in February 2018… and now-deleted tweets from its writer Chris Sebela suggested that series would be over with #18 as well.
- J. Scott Campbell Art for Upcoming X-Men Black Magneto Comic to Be Announced at San Diego - July 16, 2018
- Hellboy Celebrates 25 Years of San Diego Comic-Cons - July 16, 2018
- Valiant Fans Express Financial Worries Over Chinese Owners DMG Entertainment - July 16, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s Comic Book Movie Confirmed: Rogue Trooper of 2000AD - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Hits the UK – Here Are Some Deals to Keep Your Eye On - July 16, 2018