With the season 6 premiere of Arrow having finally aired, we now know who lived and who died on Lian Yu… and if you haven’t seen it yet: A) There will be spoilers here and B) how do you call yourself an Arrow fan?
We learned quickly the fates of John Diggle, Felicity Smoak, Rene Ramirez, Curtis Holt, Dinah Drake, Quentin Lance, Black Siren, Slade Wilson and Nyssa al Ghul. But it was a little later in the episode before we found out what happened to Samantha Clayton and Thea Queen. To no one’s surprise, Samantha died on the island, asking Oliver Queen to take care of William with her dying breath. Thea was severely wounded and is still in a coma five months later. Which shouldn’t have surprised us either, she is the one on the team wearing the Red Shirt.
The question becomes, how long will Thea be in a coma? The answer to that could be the same answer as to why Thea went away for a while last season. Actress Willa Holland, a series regular from the beginning, scaled back her commitment to the show last season from 23 to 14 episodes. While at the TCA during the summer, TVLine asked executive producer about her statue for season 6 and he said: “She’s on a similar deal as she was last year.” He didn’t say specifically how many episode she was committed to for season 6.
Anyway you look at it, the odds are that she will either be in the coma or off recovering for roughly a third of the season at least. I guess she won’t be making a “Speedy” recovery…. see what I did there?
Arrow airs Thursdays at 9 PM on the CW.
- Ben Barnes Talks About Billy Russo In Marvel’s The Punisher (Spoilers) - November 18, 2017
- Marvel’s The Punisher Season 1: Welcome Back Frank… - November 18, 2017
- Singer/Actor David Cassidy Hospitalized Due To Organ Failure - November 18, 2017
- The Simple Story Structure You’ve Never Heard Of, But Should Master - November 18, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: James And Lena Won’t Be Buddies Anytime Soon - November 18, 2017