Trent Reznor and his Nine Inch Nails bandmate Atticus Ross are giving us a cool treat for Friday the 13th this year.
Releasing tomorrow through Sacred Bones and Null Corporation, they have produced a cover version of the iconic John Carpenter theme to Halloween.
The track has an Amazon listing page, which includes a sample of the song as well. The sample is 30 seconds long as is about 17 seconds of pretty much nothing, followed by the surprise keyboard strokes that welcome us the the Myers house at the beginning of the film.
Carpenter is in the news quite a bit as of late. There is a new Halloween coming, which he may or may not be scoring. He has an album of rerecorded and remastered versions of his iconic film scores coming later this month, Anthology: Movie Themes 1974-1998. He made a music video for his theme from Christine. And he is even taking the show on the road for a tour this fall. Here are those dates again:
10/29/17 – Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint at Hard Rock Casino
10/31/17 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Palladium
11/2/17 – Anaheim, CA @ City National Grove
11/4/17 – San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
11/5/17 – Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst
11/7/17 – Maplewood, MN @ Myth Live
11/9/17 – Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
11/10/17 – Detroit, MI @ El Club
11/12/17 – Toronto, ON @ The Danforth Music Hall
11/13/17 – Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
11/15/17 – Boston, MA @ Royale
11/16/17 – New York, NY @ Terminal 5
11/18/17 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
11/19/17 – Syracuse, NY @ The Palace Theatre
There is no word yet on if this Reznor/Ross version will appear on the disc as well, as a kind of bonus track. For now, it will just stay a digital release. A pretty cool surprise if I do say so myself.
You can download the surprise Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross version of the theme from John Carpenter’s Halloween tomorrow, Friday the 13th, on Amazon right here.
Listen to the song here, now!
- Gerald's Game Review: Thrills In Yet Another Great Stephen King Adaptation This Year
- Seth MacFarlane's 2013 Harvey Weinstein "Joke" Was Actually A Hard Jab
- Temporary Tattoos Given Away For Justice League Day
- Whoops, Man Mansplains Indiana Jones Costumes To The Designer
- James Gunn LOVED "Thor: Ragnarok", Here's What He Said
- Josh Boone To Adapt Stephen King & Peter Straub’s ‘The Talisman'
- Sony Puts Offer On 'Settlers Of Catan' Movie Rights
- I Hate Fairyland Special Edition #1 Review: Gertrude Kills The Image Universe
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3: Is Someone Leaving The Series?
- Starz's 'Outlander' Announces Big Casting For Season 4!
- Last Night's Flash Episode Contained Spoilers For The Arrow Premiere
- Professor Marston And The Wonder Women Review: Simply Wonderful
- Bootlegger At Thor: Ragnarok Premiere Turns Out To Be Mark Ruffalo
- Taika Waititi Says He Wouldn't Whitewash 'Akira' Remake
- Hamildrop Posts Lin-Manuel Miranda/Ben Platt Collaboration Inspired by Parkland Students - March 19, 2018
- Marvel Studios and New Era Team Up For Exclusive Infinity War Crew Cap - March 16, 2018
- Batman: The Animated Series Joker and Harley Quinn Statues Coming From Kotobukiya - March 16, 2018
- Loki Gets Another Hot Toys Release, This One from Ragnarok - March 16, 2018
- Catwoman One:12 Collective Figure Up for Order Now - March 15, 2018