Comic book retailers have been given the opportunity to order copies of Justice League #1 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee, rebranded with an Ivan Reis cover, at Free Comic Book Day rates, to be given away to customers for November 18th, dubbed Justice League Day, alongside the release of the Justice League movie in the USA the day before.
Participating retailers will also be sent free sets of seven Justice League two inch temporary tattoos for the occasion. Expect other promotions to join it, DC Comics has run Batman Day events in previous years, with this year’s being themed around Harley Quinn. Will Superman Day be next?
Justice League is the fifth instalment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The film is directed by Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon with a screenplay by Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon, from a story by Terrio and Snyder, and stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, Amy Adams, Ciarán Hinds, Willem Dafoe, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, and J. K. Simmons as Batman and Wonder Woman assemble a team consisting of Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg to face the threat of Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons.
Initially announced as Justice League Part One, with a second part to follow in 2019, the second film was indefinitely delayed to accommodate a planned Batman film with Affleck. Principal photography commenced in April 2016 and ended in October 2016. Snyder initially then hired Joss Whedon to write scenes that would be during added additional photography. Snyder left the project in May 2017 following the death of his daughter, with Whedon being hired as director of remaining post-production, including additional scenes written by Whedon. Justice League is scheduled to be released on November 17th in the USA and the UK.
- UPDATE: Trent Reznor And Atticus Ross Cover The Halloween Theme. Listen Now!
- Stranger Things Teases A Final Trailer For Tomorrow To Celebrate Friday The 13th
- 10 Books from DC Comics Go to Multiple Printings – Mostly Metal - December 13, 2017
- Iron Maiden Meltdown Comics Exclusive: Legacy of the Beast Signing Tonight - December 13, 2017
- Dispute Over Albert Uderzo’s Artwork Sees Original Art Removed from Auction House - December 13, 2017
- Spencer Simpson Joins Boom Studios from Fried Pie Comics, and Other Promotions at the Publisher - December 13, 2017
- Archie Comics and the Million-Dollar Printing Debt - December 13, 2017