Coming to comic stores on December 20th, just before Christmas, comes this pair of Funko POP figures. The Blue and the Gold — Blue Beetle and Booster Gold — looking like their Justice League International iterations.
The figures are exclusive to Diamond Comic Distributors so can only be found in direct market comic stores for $23 the pair.
From Funko. A PREVIEWS Exclusive! The DC Universe’s most hilarious crime-fighting duo comes to three dimensions with this Funko Pop! two-pack! Blue Beetle and Booster Gold stand about 3 1/4″ tall and come in a collector friendly window box for display. Recreate the adventures of two of the Justice League International’s greatest heroes with these exclusive pop! figures!
And they come in two varieties: standard…
Booster Gold and Blue Beetle were key characters in the late 1980s/early 1990s Justice League revamp by writers Keith Giffen and J. M. DeMatteis. Booster Gold is frequently partnered with fellow member Blue Beetle, and the two quickly become best friends. The duo’s notable appearances include a stint as superhero repo men, and as the minds behind the construction of a gaming resort, Club JLI, on the living island Kooey Kooey Kooey.
Those were the days… and now you can recreate them in Funko POP form. But to metallic or nor metallic? That is the question.
- 10 Books from DC Comics Go to Multiple Printings – Mostly Metal - December 13, 2017
- Iron Maiden Meltdown Comics Exclusive: Legacy of the Beast Signing Tonight - December 13, 2017
- Dispute Over Albert Uderzo’s Artwork Sees Original Art Removed from Auction House - December 13, 2017
- Spencer Simpson Joins Boom Studios from Fried Pie Comics, and Other Promotions at the Publisher - December 13, 2017
- Archie Comics and the Million-Dollar Printing Debt - December 13, 2017