On October 25th, comic book retailers will receive, to give away to customers, a free promotional comic reprinting chapter one of Injustice 2 #1, courtesy of the ELEAGUE Injustice 2 World Championship.
The ELEAGUE Injustice 2 World Championship is coming to TBS on October 27th. The best players from around the world (though they call them “fighters”) have been invited to take part in the first true global Injustice 2 tournament, with a prize pool of $250,000.
This comic is written by Tom Taylor with art by Bruno Redondo and Juan Albarran and a new cover by Marco Santucci, plus character profiles, an Injustice Timeline and more.
DC Comics will also issue a shipping credit for each copy received by retailers to cover any additional costs.
The ELEAGUE Injustice 2 World Championship will provide a conclusion to the debut season of the Injustice 2 Championship Series, with the top 16 Injustice 2 players in the world facing off for $250,000 in prize money. Featured matches throughout the tournament will be presented live on TBS, with live coverage of every match available via digital platforms. Event coverage of the ELEAGUE Injustice 2 World Championship will begin with the Open Qualifier on Saturday, Oct. 21.
Injustice 2 is the super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us that allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favorite DC characters. Featuring a massive selection of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, players for the first time can personalize their favorite DC characters – including Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman – with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. This feature allows gamers to take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.
This marks the fourth game ELEAGUE has featured since its 2016 launch, following successful tournaments for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), Overwatch®, and Street Fighter® V. With Injustice 2, ELEAGUE will continue its venture into the world of fighting games on the heels of the successful ELEAGUE Street Fighter® V Invitational.
ELEAGUE is the esports tournament brand formed in partnership between Turner and IMG that officially launched in 2016. A leader in the delivery of live event experiences, ELEAGUE content is distributed across leading digital platform Twitch, along with showcase programming airing on Turner’s TBS, a fully-distributed cable television network. In its first year, ELEAGUE produced two seasons featuring Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, along with the first-ever Overwatch® Open. ELEAGUE was awarded its first-ever CS:GO Major, originating from Atlanta in January 2017. The ELEAGUE Major Grand Final drove ELEAGUE’s Twitch channel to a record peak of more than one million concurrent streams, in addition to a reach of 3.6 million total viewers on TBS throughout the tournament. ELEAGUE received a Sports Emmy nomination for Outstanding Studio Design and Art Direction in March 2017.
The Injustice 2 Championship Series is a global esports program for the critically acclaimed video game from NetherRealm Studios. The 2017 series has Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment teaming up with ELEAGUE, ESL, Gamelta esports Professional League, GameStop, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Twitch to further build the fighting game community around the world. The program offers amateur and pro players throughout North America, Europe and Latin America a chance to compete in different programs for a portion of a $600,000 prize pool.
- 'Summoners War' Sets World Arena Championship In Late November
- Hellboy Gets A Proper Trailer For 'Injustice 2' DLC
- A Fan Video Shows 'Overwatch' In The World Of 'Pokémon'
- Clash Of The Titans: Funhaus & Game Grumps Meet In 'Overwatch' Again
- Twitch Has An Impressive Audience Share, According To New Report
- Poltergames: 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' Is The Best Horror Video Game Of All Time
- Exploring The Latest Creations On The YouTube Red Series 'Furze World Wonders'
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018
- Vault Comics Publishes Rare Variant Covers… but is Sneaking Around Diamond to Fulfill Them - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at IDW and DC Comics During WonderCon Setup – and Where to Get Your Sonic the Hedgehog #1 - March 23, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 23rd March 2018 – Marvel’s Discount Collections Can’t Beat Batman - March 23, 2018