The long-awaited sequel to Tim Burton‘s 1988 dark comedy Beetlejuice looks like it’s moving forward again. Despite several starts and stops, the Warner Bros. title seems to at least have good momentum. Mike Vukadinovich will rewrite the existing Beetlejuice 2 script, Deadline reports. Oddly enough, no information on whose script he’s rewriting is readily available.
Reports have varied wildly as to whether or not the core cast of the original Beetlejuice will be reuniting for the untitled sequel, but Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder have both been heavily rumored to return. It is also highly likely Burton would return to direct, once his involvement with Disney’s Dumbo live-action adaptation is completed.
We’ll let you know as any more information about this project is confirmed.
- Beetlejuice Fan Film 'Documentary For The Recently Deceased' Needs Your Help
- The Shining, Psycho, Beetlejuice, And More New Horror From Funko
- New Halloween Movie Will Have John Carpenter Score, New Details Emerge - October 19, 2017
- Kevin Smith Will Donate All TWC Residuals To ‘Women In Film’ Non Profit - October 18, 2017
- Ron Howard Reveals The Official Han Solo Movie Title - October 17, 2017
- Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy Calls For Industry-Wide Commission To Combat Harassment And Abuse - October 17, 2017
- 80 Original Netflix Films On Slate For 2018 Release - October 16, 2017