The new digital series Stargate Origins has cast Australian actress Ellie Gall (A Midsummer’s Nightmare) to play the young version of Catherine Langford, the lead of the series. The series will be airing exclusively on Stargate Command in a few months.
The series focuses on a younger version of Langford (Played on SG-1 by Elizabeth Hoffman) as she tries to unlock they mystery of what lies behind the Stargate in an attempt to save the world. Connor Trinneer (Stargate Atlantis) will plays Catherine’s father, Professor Paul Langford.
Langford has dedicated her life to unraveling the mystery of what would become known as the Stargate. She first saw it when her father discover in Giza in 1928. While there, she also discovered an Eye of Ra medallion that she always wears. In 1945, her father and fiancé were presumed dead while experimenting on the Stargate — but they actually traveled to another planet. She’s been tied to the Stargate ever since.
The new 10-episode event series will be written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry, directed by Mercedes Bryce Morgan, and produced by New Form (MGM’s digital group and entertainment studio).
Gall could previously be seen on Australian TVs on Blind, Home and Away, and Mind Over Matter. She will also be in the upcoming season of Ash vs Evil Dead on Starz.
- Former Comic Publisher/Editor, Larry Shell, Needs Help To Keep His Home - October 22, 2017
- Shannara Chronicles Season 2: Where Might The Journey Take Us? - October 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Inhumans Season 1: Will The Ends Justify The Season? - October 22, 2017
- Gotham Season 4: What Are The Signals For The Season? - October 22, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: Where Is This Season Flying Off To? - October 22, 2017