With The Flash now back, we know one of the things Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) will have to be dealing with is that Iris West (Candice Patton), his soon-to-be wife, took over the lead of the team. Now the dynamic is different six months in and Barry has to find his place again. So Iris comes up with the idea of couples therapy. The new clip below shows some highlight for later in the season along with the two of them working with their therapist.
Some of the key scenes we see in the clip involves getting our first look at Danny Trejo as Breacher, Gypsy’s father. We also see The Thinker, Barry out partying, and what looks to be the wedding rehearsal — as we know that the reason all the heroes get together for the Crisis on Earth-X crossover is Barry and Iris’s wedding. There is also footage of what looks like Barry mimicking the Tom Cruise in his underwear/Old Time Rock ‘N’ Roll scene from Risky Business.
The real interesting line in the whole thing comes when Barry says, “The weight of the whole city falls on my shoulders — I’m the Flash,” to which Iris responds, “You’re not the Flash; we are.” I get the sentiment here, but that just sounds odd. She could’ve said, “No, it falls on all of us,” or something like that. But he is the Flash.
The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018