Covering events at New York Comic Con can get you feeling a little upside down and turned around, especially when you have to get from the Javits Center to The Theater at Madison Square Garden in record-breaking time. Though I was lucky enough to get my last post in the hopper before heading out, I realized that I only had about 11 minutes to get about four NYC avenue blocks and there was no way for me to walkie-talkie anyway to let them know I might be late.
Thankfully, my Stranger Things 2 pedi-cab driver Dustin was there to save the day; and before I knew it, we were rambling down the streets of Manhattan. It’s fascinating the things you notice and the stuff that goes through your head when you have the chance to sit back and view the city as it moves along.
Passed by a Joyce Leslie and watched the flow of customers engaged in the “no bags in/lots of bags out” tango; made a mental note to grab a half-pound of chocolate-covered pretzels from Brenner’s; resisted the sweet, tempting aroma of freshly made waffles emanating from a local mom ‘n’ pop restaurant; and watched a couple of the guys in front of Duffer Brothers’ Auto Body play a little handball to pass the time.
Next thing I knew, Dustin’s dropping me off at Madison Square Garden, and I still had time to spare. The journey ended with a tip and tons of thanks; if I had more time, I probably would’ve bought the guy a beer, since he struck me as a bit of a hawkins.
Only thing left for me to do was check in with my media contact — though I couldn’t find Barb anywhere, and no one seemed to have a clue where she was. Weird…
Stranger Things 2: A year after Will’s return, everything seems back to normal… but a darkness lurks just beneath the surface, threatening all of Hawkins.
Stranger Things 2 is a production of 21 Laps Entertainment and stars Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Cara Buono, Matthew Modine, Noah Schnapp, Joe Keery, Sadie Sink, Dacre Montgomery and Sean Astin.
Netflix’s hugely popular ’80s-set science-fiction series is set to return on Friday, October 27th.
- Millie Bobby Brown to Produce, Star in Legendary's Enola Holmes Film Series
- Stranger Things' Charlie Heaton Refused Entry To US After Caught At LAX With Cocaine
- Betty Buckley on Getting Gran’ma, On-Set Chemistry, and the Promise of Comic-Con [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 21, 2018
- Meeting Steve Dillon While Cosplaying Jesse Custer [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 20, 2018
- Colin Cunningham Talks TC, Season 3, and Geek Guilty Pleasures [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 20, 2018
- Hulu’s ‘Castle Rock’ Expected to Haunt Comic-Con with Screening, Panel and Off-Site Fan Experience - June 19, 2018
- Jody Sizes Up Jesse in ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Preview [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 19, 2018