Earlier we pointed out that a fire in the Anaheim Hills was threatening the Charles M. Schulz museum. The fast-moving brush fire is now threatening roughly 1,000 homes in the area. The fire is now affecting Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure. We’re hearing that guests are being taken off of rides and the smoke in the air is getting very bad. The musicians are being told to stay inside and employees who live in areas where evacuation orders have been given are being allowed to go home to get their things. ‘Face characters’, cast members who wear costumes with their face bare, are being allowed to leave now as well.
What they’re calling Canyon Fire #2 broke out around 9:20 a.m. near the 91 Freeway and Gypsum Canyon Road. It leapt over the 241 Toll Road and continued burning. Evacuation orders were given for south of the 91, west of the 241, north of Nohl Ranch Road and east of Serrano Avenue. Small spot fires have been reported along the 91 causing the eastbound side of the freeway to be closed.
The following image was posted on Twitter showing the sky above the Disney California Adventure park.
Sgt. Daron Wyatt, a spokesman for the Anaheim Fire Department said in an announcement:
“You need to be prepared to evacuate and now is the time to do so. Take everything that you can that will sustain you for the next couple of days.”
This fire comes just weeks after a blaze in Corona force the evacuation of over 1500 homes.
- Writer’s Commentary: Crystal Frasier Talks Pathfinder: Spiral of Bones #1 - March 21, 2018
- Suits Promotes Amanda Schull to Series Regular for Season 8 - March 21, 2018
- Bids to Buy Carolina Panthers Have Reportedly Reached $2.5 Billion - March 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: Jay Ali of The Fosters Joins the Cast - March 21, 2018
- Hallmark Will Debut 34 New Christmas Movies This Year - March 21, 2018