All Seeing Eye Games have released their v1.0 improved version of live-action adventure Press X To Not Die via Steam this week. Players will be able to experience a survival game like no other: a ridiculous B-movie parody whose story responds to the decisions they make throughout the game. And with live-action capture, it really looks the part.
To celebrate the release, the studio has released a brand new launch trailer.
Press X To Not Die has developed a cult following during its time in Steam Early Access – with a 92% user score, over a thousand positive reviews, and more than 20 million views on YouTube. For this v1.0 release, All-Seeing Eye Games have included additional scenes as well as including an early game prototype as DLC.
All Seeing Eye lead programmer Darren Joe said: “We’ve had a great run in Early Access and are delighted that so many people have been amused by our ridiculous little creation. We’ve been hard at work fixing issues, adding content, and generally improving Press X To Not Die, and we can’t wait to unleash it into the wild.”
Press X To Not Die is live on Steam.
The game’s plot is pretty easy to figure out, but here’s the plot blurb anyway:
A parody of preposterous zombie flicks, ridiculous quick-time events, and of course the wonderful interactive movies of old, Press X To Not Die sees you wake up to find your town in chaos. Once-placid residents have become crazed and aggressive. Could a cryptic message be the key to your escape?
Survive the streets, find your girlfriend, figure out what’s going on, and get the hell out of town before it’s too late.
But the key features, now those are an awesome list.
- New and improved V1.0 Version
- Press buttons like your life depends on it! Because it does!
- Over 35 minutes of HD footage.
- 29 unique ways to die.
- Uncover the secrets behind the madness in a branching storyline that reflects your choices.
- “1994 Mode” re-renders the game as it would have looked during the golden age of interactive movies!
- Steam Leaderboards to share your high score and the choices you made, with the world!
- Fight a clown!
- BC On Twitch: We Attempt FFXIV’s The Royal City Of Rabanastre Raid - October 17, 2017
- Dark Corner Has Launched A VR Horror App For Curated Horror Content - October 17, 2017
- Fruit Ninja Is Getting A Board Game Adaptation Thanks To Kickstarter - October 17, 2017
- Activision Has Patented A Matchmaking Algorithm Designed To Make You Spend Money - October 17, 2017
- Anime-Inspired VR Adventure Game Overturn Has An Exciting New Trailer - October 17, 2017