Amanda Gurall writes from New York Comic Con 2017:
We stopped by the Playmobil booth today to check out the preview of their Ghostbusters line and found pink slime, motorized boats, and lots of fun.
My kids love Playmobil, so I have enough plastic castle walls and pirate ships to start my own kingdom. I think, however, that I’m overdue to pick up some of the excellent Ghostbusters and How to Train your Dragon sets. On display were the previously released Ghostbusters sets with the firehouse that fits the ecto in the garage, Slimer with hot dog stand as well as lots of light up dragons that spit sparks and the entire Berk playset.
As nice as these were I was most interested in the new line, in previews now so the finished design may change. Playmobil has been adding more motorizations and light up elements to their toys and the new aquascooter will shoot water and pilot itself. The new collection features pink silicone slime that can stick to any toy surface, allowing for creative play.
One of the most exciting elements to the new toys is the new Playmogram 3D. Using an app, kids will find holograms using augmented reality technology, which should work very well for the ghosts from the film. We will have to wait until 2018 to find out exactly how this will work with these sets and others in the collection and from what I’ve seen it looks like it will be worth the wait.
- Marvel Legacy The Mighty Thor #700 Review: Thunder Through The Ages - October 22, 2017
- Captain Phasma #4: A Dark Conclusion - October 22, 2017
- Batman the Drowned #1: The Sea-Bat - October 21, 2017
- All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #12 Review: The New Guardian Revealed (Again) - October 21, 2017
- Mech Cadet Yu #3 Review: Exciting, Charming, And All-Around Fun - October 21, 2017