Amidst reports that he has been paying off sexual harassment accusers for decades, including one anchor who told of an instance in which he attempted to masturbate in front of her, Harvey Weinstein has been fired from The Weinstein Company, the company that he founded and of which he is the current CEO.
Here is the statement his company released on the matter:
“In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company – Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar – have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately.”
This comes after his leave of absence and his apology, which was followed by declaring a lawsuit against the New York Times, which was the first outlet to report on the sexual harassment allegations.
Weinstein is known for being a prominent financial supporter of the Democratic Party. With the Dems being vocal supporters of women’s rights, they naturally condemned his activity on social media.
To this, the Republicans said, “You didn’t denounce him.”
To which Democrats said, “Yes we did, also look at your President.”
To which Republicans said, “You didn’t denounce him enough.”
And it goes round and round, and, if you’ve seen social media, you’re aware of the dance of which I’m speaking.
- The 75th Annual Golden Globes Are Tonight, We'll Be Live Tweeting
- CEO Of Twitter Posts "New Rules" After Today's Boycott
- Transformers Prepares For The Power Of The Primes With Hasbro
- Days of Hate #1 Review: The Consequences of America First - January 18, 2018
- Terrifics #1 Review: The Fantastic Team We Deserve - January 18, 2018
- Red Sonja #12 Review: Chopping Heads and Getting Mead - January 18, 2018
- Sideways #1 Review: A Charming Character in a Meandering Book - January 18, 2018
- All Hail Xerxes- The Return of Frank Miller to 300: Dark Horse April 2018 Solicits - January 18, 2018