In a Deadline interview out today, X-Files creator Chris Carter is asked if there will be more X-Files stories beyond the revived Season 11 he is making right now. He said:
“I’m trying to finish this season. I certainly think the show has much more life in it. So, I can’t answer that question definitively but I can tell you that there are more stories to tell.”
But it seems, maybe without Dana Scully. In a press room at New York Comic Con today, Gillian Anderson confirmed that the upcoming season of X-Files, the second of the revived series, would be her last in the role.
Our friend Rich Drees, usually found at from filmbuffonline about the new season, tells us he asked if she could clarify a statement that she is “looking forward to bringing conclusion to the character.” He asked if there was any chance of her returning to the role.
Anderson replied, “No, no, I think this will be it for me.” As for why she was returning this time, “It felt like it wasn’t over, didn’t feel we necessarily delivered everything the fans were expecting of us last time.”
But this time, she clearly has.
As well as the new season of The X-Files, she also played Dana Scully in an audio adaptation of The X-Files: The Stolen Lives comic book released in July. Enjoy her playing the role while you still can.
The eleventh season of The X-Files is slated to premiere in January 2018 on Fox. The season follows newly re-instated FBI agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson). The season’s storyline will pick up directly after last season’s finale, and the search for Mulder and Scully’s son William will be a main story arc for the season.
- An Interview With Gillian Anderson at New York Comic Con
- Speaking With X Files' David Duchovny At NYCC
- Transformers Prepares For The Power Of The Primes With Hasbro
- Chris Hastings and Salva Espin do Deadpool as James Bond For Digital-First Comic, Secret Agent Deadpool - June 19, 2018
- Let’s All Play #WhoGetsWarped - June 19, 2018
- Advance Review: Tony Stark: Iron Man #1 by Dan Slott and Valerie Schiti – Will Tony Stark Become Self-Aware As Well? - June 19, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Created Fake Covers to Keep The X-Men Gold #30 Spoiler from Marvel Staffers - June 19, 2018
- Nightwing and Titans Both Go Twice-Monthly at $3.99 an Issue - June 19, 2018