James Woods was in the news last month after a Twitter skirmish with Armie Hammer and Amber Tamblyn. Tambyn accused the 70-year old actor of hitting on her when she was only 16. Woods has called the allegation a lie. Not one to shy away form the media, it seems odd that the actor is now retiring and the announcement came via a real estate listing.
Woods is selling his property in Exeter, Rhode Island and the agent, Allen Gammons, sent out a press release. Gammons referred to Woods as a graduate of Pilgrim High School in Warwick, and that he is retiring from the entertainment industry and hopes to “simplify his life” by selling “his many real estate holdings on both coasts.” He says the actor’s brother and mother recently died, and he hopes to spend more time on passions including photography, antiquing and Texas Hold ’em poker.
The actor is known for his conservative political views and claims that they have made it a challenge to find work in a liberal Hollywood system. But Gammons says Woods decision to retire is not political. He is best known for his roles in Casino, Once Upon A Time In America, Rudy and Too Big To Fail.
As for the property, it sits on Boone Lake and includes two lakefront houses. It’s been in the Woods family for decades and is estimated at $1.39 million. Its one of four homes that Woods owns in Rhode Island.
Source: Providence Journal
- Fans Decide How Spider-Man: Homecoming Should Have Ended - October 17, 2017
- The Flash Season 4: A Look Inside Episode 2, ‘Mixed Signals’ - October 17, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews For James Bond, Vampirella And More - October 17, 2017
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3: Ray Palmer Knows His Poop - October 17, 2017
- Flash Season 4: Cisco Learns The Kilg%re Was Here - October 17, 2017