The big question going into Season 3 of Lucifer is: who gave him back his wings? And we know the answer to that has something to do with the ominous-sounding Sinnerman. And now, thanks to TVLine, we know who is playing the Sinnerman. That would be The Leftovers alum Kevin Carroll, who will appear in multiple episodes this season.
The character is described as “a mysterious and twisted criminal mastermind with deep-seated motivations who has set his sights on Lucifer (Tom Ellis). Like Lucifer, this character earned quite the reputation for doing favors.” But what is his issue with Lucifer and how is he connected to the return of the wings?
According to co-showrunner Joe Henderson, “The Sinnerman is going to make Lucifer go, ‘Oh s–t, is this the guy behind my wings?’” And that is not the only person connected to him: “Detective Marcus Pierce (Tom Welling) will have a history with the Sinnerman, so that’s where our stories start to collide.”
Carroll will make his debut in the sixth episode of the season. Previously, besides The Leftovers, Carroll worked on Snowfall and The Catch.
This is not the first reference to Sinnerman in the series. In Season 1, Lucifer is playing the piano in his club and performing the Nina Simone hit ‘Sinnerman’. Mixed into the performance is the footage where Lucifer’s wings are stolen. Coincidence? Did the song inspire the name, or have they been planning this for a while?
- Humpty Dumpty: Why Do We Think He Was an Egg? - January 20, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Is There a Speedster-Centric Episode This Season? - January 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: The Show is Casting a Young Barack Obama - January 20, 2018
- Black Lightning Repeat Beats New Episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - January 20, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 8 Recap: The Last Day - January 20, 2018