Bleeding Cool reported plenty from DC Comics from yesterday’s Diamond retailer breakfast at New York Comic-Con. Catch up with all the information from all manner of publishers right here.
We also got a better look at the new trade dress for DC Comics from December, as DC announced the end of DC Rebirth being at the top of every issue. Its moment had come to an end.
They have instead brought back the corner box and introduced new family-book logos for each title.
Response from some retailers to Bleeding Cool includes concern that this also means the end of the story title at the top of each issue, which has made for an easier sell in to readers, according to some, as well as an easy way to tell if two variants of the same comic are indeed the same comic.
DC Rebirth is a 2016 relaunch by American comic book publisher DC Comics of its entire line of ongoing monthly superhero comic book titles. Using the end of The New 52 initiative in May 2016 as its launching point, DC Rebirth restored the DC Universe to a form much like that prior to the “Flashpoint” storyline while still incorporating numerous elements of The New 52, including its continuity. It also saw many of its titles move to a twice-monthly release schedule, along with being released at $2.99.
And while the continuity, flavour and ideas of DC Rebirth will continue, the branding that separated it from the New 52 will be dropped from December.
Maybe if enough people complain they might bring back the story titles though? That seems to be the aspect of most concern…
- Avatar Press Has 753 Comics On Sale On Comixology Right Now - July 20, 2018
- Dale Eaglesham’s Shazam With Geoff Johns in November – and a Killing Zone That Will Span a Political Century - July 20, 2018
- The Men (and It Is The Men) Who Design the Marvel Costumes That Everyone Cosplays From – Marvel Studios 10 Years Panel at SDCC - July 20, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Marvel Comics Was Wrong – #MarvelDeclassified On Monday - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Zoo Joins In the Comics Exclusives With Vixen And The Justice League: Wildlife Heroes - July 20, 2018