In Plains of Eidolon, players will discover a brand new experience vastly different from the maze-like tilesets they’ve known. For the first time in Warframe, players will see exquisitely lit vistas with an ongoing day/night cycle that creates an alluring continual emotional experience of dawn, day, dusk, and night. In the day-time, Tenno (players’ in-game name) will have the freedom to seek missions from colorful vendors in the makeshift colony of Cetus, including as many as 50 other players with which to socialize. Players will cajole and converse with an eclectic collection of vendors like mining experts, fish mongers, beast masters, mask makers, and weapon smiths, the latter of which enables players to create a series of modular weapons, customized to their tastes like never before.
Outside of town, solo or in squads of up to four, players can freely explore the Plains. Filled with stunning lush hillsides, busy lakes and rivers inhabited by schools of underwater creatures, and hidden cave systems, Tenno can entertain themselves with mini-games such as spearfishing and mining to gather resources, or engage in heroic land and air battles — using the reworked Sky Archwing — against an ever-belligerent Grineer presence.
Best of all, daytime activities are available to all players of any experience level! But once night falls, enemies scatter and hide as the plains are haunted by mammoth Sentients. Summoned by a mysterious force, the towering Spectral Sentients known as Eidolon ascend from the waters and threaten all living things in their paths. What do they search for every night? What will it take for your team to defeat them?
Additional key features of the update include:
- Debut of the Deadly Warrior: Witness the introduction of the 34th Warframe, Gara, who manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies. Gara’s unique Abilities comprise Shattered Lash, which thrusts forward a deadly glass blade, or performs a 180-degree sweep, damaging anyone in its path; Splinter Storm, which surrounds her target with swirling shards of glass; Spectrorage, which creates a ring of mirrors around a target area, and Mass Vitrify: an Ability that expands a ring of molten glass slowly crystallizing enemies who enter.
- New Weapons: Gara wields a new arsenal of powerful weapons, including:
- Astilla: The deadly Astilla shoots slugs that explode on impact, dispersing lethal glass shards in all directions
- Volnus: The heavy Volnus deals a large amount of damage and can beat enemies to a pulp, providing you have the strength to wield it
- Fusilai: The stealthy glass shurikens pierce through flesh and armor, taking down enemies unheard
- New Reinforcements:
- Argonak: Pick off targets by highlighting distant enemies using this Grineer rifle’s advanced laser sighting system. Deadly in both single fire and automatic modes
- Krohkur: This hooked blade rewards critical hits to those skilled enough to strike with finesse
- Dual Krohkur: Battlefield butchery becomes all too easy with a Korhkur blade in each hand
- Fashionista: Indulge your Fashion Frame sensibilities with the Virago Helmet and Gara’s new signature Hyalus Syandana. All of Gara’s components can currently be found in-game while her Blueprint will arrive in a Quest later this month
- Focus 2.0: Experience the reintroduction of the Operator-Warrior Focus Rework 2.0. This new system changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling you to equip your Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor found deep in the Caves of the Plains
- And More!
- Players can acquire the Mag Deluxe Skin, Deluxe Tonfa, and Deluxe Syandana or purchase them in the in-game market
- Resource collecting and, new to Plains of Eidolon, ‘Stone Fish’ Collecting
- Collect new ship decorations and a new Grineer weapon
- New Mods and Stances
Warframe Plains Of Eidolon hits the PC version of the game next week, the console versions of the game will receive the update at a later date. The highlight trailer is below.