Yesterday, Bleeding Cool broke the news that Channel 4 were developing a TV series based on the comic book V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. We had it from good sources, but nothing official we can quote.
However we have now been privately informed that, yes, V For Vendetta is an open writing assignment in the USA, albeit it on the downlow. That’s a formal, private message to agents that basically says “got any writers who might be good for this, because we want to hear about them.”
Which also suggests, and to fair this was always going to be likely, that it’s a co-production with an American broadcaster. Channel 4 don’t get on well with Netflix right now, so probably not them.
However, if you are a writer who’s interested, why not talk to your agent and see what they can dig up?
You know, it would be quite a clever idea for Channel 4, or whoever, to announce this project in one month exactly, wouldn’t it?
After all, remember, remember, the 5th of October just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Tick, tick, tick…
- Life Is Strange #1 and Bloodshot: Rising Spirit #1 Go to Second Prints the Day Before Publishing - November 13, 2018
- The Conservative Councillor of Camden Who Paid Tribute to Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Talking to Kieron Gillen About Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt and DIE, With Wine and Cheese (VIDEO) - November 13, 2018
- Talking To – And About – Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Jonathan Ross, Correcting the BBC Over Stan Lee on Newsnight Last Night - November 13, 2018