Yesterday, Bleeding Cool broke the news that Channel 4 were developing a TV series based on the comic book V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. We had it from good sources, but nothing official we can quote.
However we have now been privately informed that, yes, V For Vendetta is an open writing assignment in the USA, albeit it on the downlow. That’s a formal, private message to agents that basically says “got any writers who might be good for this, because we want to hear about them.”
Which also suggests, and to fair this was always going to be likely, that it’s a co-production with an American broadcaster. Channel 4 don’t get on well with Netflix right now, so probably not them.
However, if you are a writer who’s interested, why not talk to your agent and see what they can dig up?
You know, it would be quite a clever idea for Channel 4, or whoever, to announce this project in one month exactly, wouldn’t it?
After all, remember, remember, the 5th of October just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Tick, tick, tick…
- Avatar Press Has 753 Comics On Sale On Comixology Right Now - July 20, 2018
- Dale Eaglesham’s Shazam With Geoff Johns in November – and a Killing Zone That Will Span a Political Century - July 20, 2018
- The Men (and It Is The Men) Who Design the Marvel Costumes That Everyone Cosplays From – Marvel Studios 10 Years Panel at SDCC - July 20, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Marvel Comics Was Wrong – #MarvelDeclassified On Monday - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Zoo Joins In the Comics Exclusives With Vixen And The Justice League: Wildlife Heroes - July 20, 2018