Yesterday, Bleeding Cool broke the news that Channel 4 were developing a TV series based on the comic book V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. We had it from good sources, but nothing official we can quote.
However we have now been privately informed that, yes, V For Vendetta is an open writing assignment in the USA, albeit it on the downlow. That’s a formal, private message to agents that basically says “got any writers who might be good for this, because we want to hear about them.”
Which also suggests, and to fair this was always going to be likely, that it’s a co-production with an American broadcaster. Channel 4 don’t get on well with Netflix right now, so probably not them.
However, if you are a writer who’s interested, why not talk to your agent and see what they can dig up?
You know, it would be quite a clever idea for Channel 4, or whoever, to announce this project in one month exactly, wouldn’t it?
After all, remember, remember, the 5th of October just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Tick, tick, tick…
- DC’s New Age of Heroes Continues to Churn Through the Artists Who Were Meant to be First - March 20, 2018
- So Who is Writing Harley Quinn Anyway? Christopher Sebela or Sam Humphries? Or Both? - March 20, 2018
- Mister Miracle to Mera – More Big Books from DC Comics for 2018 and 2019 - March 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics Editor Job Swap? Jordan White on X-Men, Mark Paniccia on Star Wars - March 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics Finally Publishes Dazzler One-Shot as Dazzler: X-Song - March 19, 2018