Yesterday, Bleeding Cool broke the news that Channel 4 were developing a TV series based on the comic book V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. We had it from good sources, but nothing official we can quote.
However we have now been privately informed that, yes, V For Vendetta is an open writing assignment in the USA, albeit it on the downlow. That’s a formal, private message to agents that basically says “got any writers who might be good for this, because we want to hear about them.”
Which also suggests, and to fair this was always going to be likely, that it’s a co-production with an American broadcaster. Channel 4 don’t get on well with Netflix right now, so probably not them.
However, if you are a writer who’s interested, why not talk to your agent and see what they can dig up?
You know, it would be quite a clever idea for Channel 4, or whoever, to announce this project in one month exactly, wouldn’t it?
After all, remember, remember, the 5th of October just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Tick, tick, tick…
- Marvel Challenges Their Readers To Find Wolverine In The Backs Of Certain Comics - December 14, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics Solicits for March 2018 – New Arc for American Gods, New Black Hammer, and Hellboy Omnibuses Begin - December 14, 2017
- Kersplatt Comics of Cairns City to Close at the End of the Year - December 14, 2017
- Maestros #3 and Amazing Spider-Man #792 Go to Second Print; Batman #38 Sells out in Advance - December 14, 2017
- M. Night Shyamalan Returns to Ontario St. Comics to Film Final Scenes of Unbreakable Sequel, Glass - December 14, 2017