Yesterday, Bleeding Cool broke the news that Channel 4 were developing a TV series based on the comic book V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. We had it from good sources, but nothing official we can quote.
However we have now been privately informed that, yes, V For Vendetta is an open writing assignment in the USA, albeit it on the downlow. That’s a formal, private message to agents that basically says “got any writers who might be good for this, because we want to hear about them.”
Which also suggests, and to fair this was always going to be likely, that it’s a co-production with an American broadcaster. Channel 4 don’t get on well with Netflix right now, so probably not them.
However, if you are a writer who’s interested, why not talk to your agent and see what they can dig up?
You know, it would be quite a clever idea for Channel 4, or whoever, to announce this project in one month exactly, wouldn’t it?
After all, remember, remember, the 5th of October just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Tick, tick, tick…
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017
- 25 DC Variant Covers By Grampa, Sienkiewicz, Hitch, Lee And More For November Including Metal #4 - October 19, 2017
- Mighty Thor #700, One Of 7 Marvel Legacy Comics Going To Second Print - October 19, 2017
- Will You Have A New Year’s Eve Party, Or Wait For An Avengers #675 Party? - October 19, 2017