Scott Allie is a longstanding comic book writer and editor, best known for his work at Portland publisher, Dark Horse Comics, for over twenty years.
He began editing Mike Mignola’s Hellboy in 1994, expanding the line and then co-writing BPRD, Abe Sapien, and other. He edited Joss Whedon’s 2001 comics debut, Fray, and worked with Whedon Buffy the Vampire Slayer and related series as both writer and editor. In 2004 he relaunched Robert E Howard’s Conan and other characters, brought Felicia Day and The Guild to comics in 2010, and Chuck Palahniuk and Fight Club in 2015. He also worked on original series The Umbrella Academy with Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba, Beasts of Burden by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson, Lady Killer by Joelle Jones, Rat God by Richard Corben, The Victories by Michael Avon Oeming, and his own comic book series Exurbia and The Devil’s Footprints.
From October 2012 to September 2015 he was editor-in-chief of the publisher before stepping down to become Executive Senior Editor two years ago. This move coincided with accusations made by comic book writer Joe Harris of public sexual assault to Janelle Asselin who reported similar events with others over the years that established a pattern of behaviour. Both Dark Horse and Scott Allie offered apologies, and promised action and I understand Allie underwent related treatment.
But as of today, Bleeding Cool has been told that Scott Allie is now leaving Dark Horse as an employee. He will remain a freelance writer and editor, including working on Dark Horse Comics titles but no longer restricted to them. With other Portland publishers established, including Oni Press, Image Comics, IDW:PX and the CBLDF, there are clearly other opportunities on his doorstep.
Dark Horse may speak more of this, and of their future plans, at New York Comic Con next week.
- Glenn Talbot Always Completes His Mission – Shout Sheet for Friday’s Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD - April 25, 2018
- Is This the Missing Justice League Comic? (Justice League of America #29 SPOILERS) - April 25, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free] - April 24, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s First Review of Avengers: Infinity War [Spoiler-Free] #ThanosDemandsYourSilence - April 24, 2018
- The Journey of Jane Foster to Valhalla (The Mighty Thor #706) - April 24, 2018