Netflix has released a wonderfully odd trailer for Love In The Upside Down, an ’80s teen romance comedy take on Stranger Things Season 1. It looks at the love triangle between Nancy Wheeler (Natalia Dyer), Steve Harrington (Joe Keery), and Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton) as if filmed by John Hughes. You could easily see John Cusack in the role of Jonathan.
One of the most unique things about the series was the fact that it was basically three storylines all centered on the same thing. Nancy’s story, Jim’s story, and Eleven’s story. Yet, they all come together in the end. It will be interesting to see how Matt and Ross Duffer approach a second season now that expectations are much higher. We know that they plan on making the monster bigger and meaner. And Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan will all be back for Season 2. The previously released trailer shows Jonathan and Nancy driving in a car together — so maybe the two ended up together.
If you took out the evil monster, the kid with the superpowers and the fact that Nancy’s best friend went missing… it could totally be an ’80s teen comedy.
Stranger Things Season 2 starts October 27th on Netflix.
- Kingdom Hearts Invades Funko — We Finally Have A Sora Pop!
- Former Comic Publisher/Editor, Larry Shell, Needs Help To Keep His Home - October 22, 2017
- Shannara Chronicles Season 2: Where Might The Journey Take Us? - October 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Inhumans Season 1: Will The Ends Justify The Season? - October 22, 2017
- Gotham Season 4: What Are The Signals For The Season? - October 22, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: Where Is This Season Flying Off To? - October 22, 2017