Netflix has released a wonderfully odd trailer for Love In The Upside Down, an ’80s teen romance comedy take on Stranger Things Season 1. It looks at the love triangle between Nancy Wheeler (Natalia Dyer), Steve Harrington (Joe Keery), and Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton) as if filmed by John Hughes. You could easily see John Cusack in the role of Jonathan.
One of the most unique things about the series was the fact that it was basically three storylines all centered on the same thing. Nancy’s story, Jim’s story, and Eleven’s story. Yet, they all come together in the end. It will be interesting to see how Matt and Ross Duffer approach a second season now that expectations are much higher. We know that they plan on making the monster bigger and meaner. And Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan will all be back for Season 2. The previously released trailer shows Jonathan and Nancy driving in a car together — so maybe the two ended up together.
If you took out the evil monster, the kid with the superpowers and the fact that Nancy’s best friend went missing… it could totally be an ’80s teen comedy.
Stranger Things Season 2 starts October 27th on Netflix.
- Kingdom Hearts Invades Funko — We Finally Have A Sora Pop!
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018