Netflix has released a wonderfully odd trailer for Love In The Upside Down, an ’80s teen romance comedy take on Stranger Things Season 1. It looks at the love triangle between Nancy Wheeler (Natalia Dyer), Steve Harrington (Joe Keery), and Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton) as if filmed by John Hughes. You could easily see John Cusack in the role of Jonathan.
One of the most unique things about the series was the fact that it was basically three storylines all centered on the same thing. Nancy’s story, Jim’s story, and Eleven’s story. Yet, they all come together in the end. It will be interesting to see how Matt and Ross Duffer approach a second season now that expectations are much higher. We know that they plan on making the monster bigger and meaner. And Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan will all be back for Season 2. The previously released trailer shows Jonathan and Nancy driving in a car together — so maybe the two ended up together.
If you took out the evil monster, the kid with the superpowers and the fact that Nancy’s best friend went missing… it could totally be an ’80s teen comedy.
Stranger Things Season 2 starts October 27th on Netflix.
- Kingdom Hearts Invades Funko — We Finally Have A Sora Pop!
- Exclusive First Look at the Dynamite Hardened Heroes Titles Shipping in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Red Sonja: Hyrkania’s Legacy Cooperative Adventure Game Coming in April - January 22, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Marvin ‘Krondon’ Jones III Talks Tobias Whale - January 22, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at the Women of Dynamite Titles Shipping April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Inhumans Fans Create Petition to Save the Series - January 22, 2018