Syfy has released a new teaser trailer for this upcoming series Happy! The series stars Chris Meloni from Law & Order: SVU and Man of Steel. and comedian Patton Oswalt (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as the voice of the titular animated imaginary creature. Happy! is based on the graphic novel of the same name by Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson.
The series follows Nick Sax (Meloni), an alcoholic, corrupt ex-cop who becomes a hit man. He is adrift in a world of casual murder, baseless sex, and betrayal when a hit goes wrong and his life is forever changed when he suddenly starts seeing a small, incessantly positive blue winged horse named Happy (Oswalt). The teaser below shows Sax in the hospital as a patient, fighting his way out. He then grabs a lab coat and tries to walk out nonchalantly, telling folks to not mind the blood — it was a tough tonsillectomy.
Oswalt replaced originally cast Bobby Moynihan who has his own series on CBS called Me, Myself and I.
The synopsis for the graphic novel might give us clues to the series:
Meet Nick Sax, a corrupt, intoxicated ex-cop turned hit-man, adrift in a stinking twilight world of casual murder, soulless sex, eczema, and betrayal. With a hit gone wrong, a bullet in his side, the cops and the mob on his tail, and a monstrous child killer in a Santa suit on the loose, Nick and his world will be changed forever this Christmas — by a tiny blue horse called Happy!
SyFy recently announced that their comic book adaptation series is being pushed back from its original late September air date to Wednesday, December 6th at 10 p.m. EST.
- Read Justice, Inc. #1 from Michael Uslan and Giovanni Timpano - January 21, 2018
- Sideshow Offers New Black Widow and Captain America Print with a Twist - January 21, 2018
- You Will Believe a White Man Can Lean: Neil Patrick Harris Takes on MJ - January 21, 2018
- Tennessee Titans Choose Mike Vrabel as New Head Coach - January 21, 2018
- Chris Redd Stars as a Very Different Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - January 21, 2018