There have been rumors surrounding the Fantastic Four for years now. As soon as comic book movies started to hit it big, we started getting rumors and terrible releases. It’s amazing to think that the Fantastic Four movies are somehow getting worse with the abysmal 2015 version ranking as one of the worst superhero movies ever made. 20th Century Fox isn’t eager to give up those rights, though, and a couple months ago rumors surfaced of a kid-based movie. Then last month we some more rumors about this movie that is in the works. Do we have a director now?
Probably not, but Kingsman: The Golden Circle director Matthew Vaughn is doing the rounds for press and recently told Cinema Blend that he wanted to take a crack at the first family of Marvel comics:
“The other one I’ve felt an obligation to do is, I wouldn’t mind maybe making a Fantastic Four film to apologize to everyone out there that maybe it didn’t go very well for them. It’s brilliant. One of my favorites is the Fantastic Four, so maybe one day I’ll try and rectify the mistake.”
This doesn’t mean that Vaughn is going to be the one to bring the Fantastic Four to the big screen, but he’s shown that he has a good handle on superhero movies. He took the X-Men and saved them from oblivion — maybe he can do the same for the Fantastic Four.
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle Gets Home Video Release In Time For Christmas
- Casey Jones Fans Can Now Take Another Step Towards Becoming Him, Thanks To NECA
- 20th Century Fox Brings the Fun to Their Panel for The Predator - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Comic-Con Iron Fist Season 2 Panel Live-Blog - July 19, 2018
- First Teaser Trailer for Series 11 of Doctor Who Debuts at SDCC [VIDEO] - July 19, 2018
- At SDCC, Working Geek Moms Still Gotta Bring Home a Gift - July 19, 2018
- New Line Cinema Announces a 3rd Movie in the Annabelle Series at Scarediego - July 19, 2018