There have been rumors surrounding the Fantastic Four for years now. As soon as comic book movies started to hit it big, we started getting rumors and terrible releases. It’s amazing to think that the Fantastic Four movies are somehow getting worse with the abysmal 2015 version ranking as one of the worst superhero movies ever made. 20th Century Fox isn’t eager to give up those rights, though, and a couple months ago rumors surfaced of a kid-based movie. Then last month we some more rumors about this movie that is in the works. Do we have a director now?
Probably not, but Kingsman: The Golden Circle director Matthew Vaughn is doing the rounds for press and recently told Cinema Blend that he wanted to take a crack at the first family of Marvel comics:
“The other one I’ve felt an obligation to do is, I wouldn’t mind maybe making a Fantastic Four film to apologize to everyone out there that maybe it didn’t go very well for them. It’s brilliant. One of my favorites is the Fantastic Four, so maybe one day I’ll try and rectify the mistake.”
This doesn’t mean that Vaughn is going to be the one to bring the Fantastic Four to the big screen, but he’s shown that he has a good handle on superhero movies. He took the X-Men and saved them from oblivion — maybe he can do the same for the Fantastic Four.
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle Gets Home Video Release In Time For Christmas
- Casey Jones Fans Can Now Take Another Step Towards Becoming Him, Thanks To NECA
- John Boyega Talks About the Differences Between Filming Star Wars and Pacific Rim Uprising - March 20, 2018
- The First Trailer for Sicario 2: Soldado Looks Like a Barrel of Laughs - March 20, 2018
- The Logo for Shazam! Has Been Revealed - March 20, 2018
- Empire Releases 7 New Covers for Avengers: Infinity War - March 20, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Hawkeye is Doing His Own Thing - March 20, 2018