There have been rumors surrounding the Fantastic Four for years now. As soon as comic book movies started to hit it big, we started getting rumors and terrible releases. It’s amazing to think that the Fantastic Four movies are somehow getting worse with the abysmal 2015 version ranking as one of the worst superhero movies ever made. 20th Century Fox isn’t eager to give up those rights, though, and a couple months ago rumors surfaced of a kid-based movie. Then last month we some more rumors about this movie that is in the works. Do we have a director now?
Probably not, but Kingsman: The Golden Circle director Matthew Vaughn is doing the rounds for press and recently told Cinema Blend that he wanted to take a crack at the first family of Marvel comics:
“The other one I’ve felt an obligation to do is, I wouldn’t mind maybe making a Fantastic Four film to apologize to everyone out there that maybe it didn’t go very well for them. It’s brilliant. One of my favorites is the Fantastic Four, so maybe one day I’ll try and rectify the mistake.”
This doesn’t mean that Vaughn is going to be the one to bring the Fantastic Four to the big screen, but he’s shown that he has a good handle on superhero movies. He took the X-Men and saved them from oblivion — maybe he can do the same for the Fantastic Four.
- The Gifted Season 1 Episode 3 Review: Keeps Getting Better - October 17, 2017
- Lucifer Season 3 Episode 4 Promo And Summary - October 17, 2017
- The Gifted Season 1: Episode 4 Promo And Summary - October 17, 2017
- Reid Scott Of ‘Veep’ Is In Talks To Join ‘Venom’ - October 16, 2017
- Karl Urban Talks Returning To Judge Dredd Someday - October 16, 2017