The big reveal for Season 4 of The Blacklist felt kind of like what we saw coming since the beginning. Raymond Reddington (James Spader) is Elizabeth Keen’s (Megan Boone) father. Since the series began back in 2013, that felt like the only logical conclusion with everything that happened. Why would Red care so much about Liz if she wasn’t his daughter? He seems too selfish and self-serving of a guy to do all of this if she wasn’t his blood. So the reveal felt a little empty — but the setup for the next season is pretty interesting.
Red has lost everything with the death of Mr. Kaplan (Susan Blommaert) and must start rebuilding his empire. And Liz has built her career at the CIA around being the liaison with Red — but that has to change drastically when people know of their connection.
Boone told EW.com:
“Adventures with her dad, Red, get her out of her overly-serious life, and she moves Red a little closer to a moral center. Everyone else on The Blacklist task force will ultimately cast dispersions at some point because her actions as a CI’s liaison will sometimes be colored with her allegiance to her father.”
It should make for an interesting dynamic shift in almost all the relationships on the show.
The Blacklist Season 5 debuts September 27th on NBC.
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3: The Titanic Reunion Of Billy Zane And Victor Garber - October 17, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool: Read Pathfinder #1 And Check Out New Humble Bundle - October 17, 2017
- Fans Decide How Spider-Man: Homecoming Should Have Ended - October 17, 2017
- The Flash Season 4: A Look Inside Episode 2, ‘Mixed Signals’ - October 17, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews For James Bond, Vampirella And More - October 17, 2017