Bleeding Cool has noted that every now and then there seems to be an unpublicised Marvel sale on Amazon Kindle. It’s happening right now, with brand new trade paperback collections from Marvel being sold for a third of the price of a single new issue, in some cases. But why?
Well, one explanation I have received from an industry insider is that these are always timed to end of quarters. That Marvel needs a short-term sales and profit boost. But not one that they expect to publicise much, so that the boost can be dismissed as just a result of that. Or train people to just wait for the end of quarter digital sale.
Basically they want the sales, they want the boost, but they don’t want too many people to notice and change their usual buying practices.
Okay, so none of you learn anything from this, okay? None of you start “waiting for the sale” or it will all go away.
Just don’t wait. It’s three months until the next quarter…
- What Will Heroes in Crisis’s Shocking Opener Be? [Potential Spoilers] - June 17, 2018
- DC Creators Will Be Able to Use Shazam, Legion, and JSA Whether or Not Doomsday Clock Has Finished - June 17, 2018
- Cloak and Dagger Classified Confirmed as Digital-First Series – Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to Follow? - June 17, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 17th June 2018 – Geoff Johns is Mister Ex… - June 17, 2018
- Top 100 Most-Ordered Comics and Graphic Novels in May 2018 – Action Comics #1000 Came 23rd - June 17, 2018