Bleeding Cool has noted that every now and then there seems to be an unpublicised Marvel sale on Amazon Kindle. It’s happening right now, with brand new trade paperback collections from Marvel being sold for a third of the price of a single new issue, in some cases. But why?
Well, one explanation I have received from an industry insider is that these are always timed to end of quarters. That Marvel needs a short-term sales and profit boost. But not one that they expect to publicise much, so that the boost can be dismissed as just a result of that. Or train people to just wait for the end of quarter digital sale.
Basically they want the sales, they want the boost, but they don’t want too many people to notice and change their usual buying practices.
Okay, so none of you learn anything from this, okay? None of you start “waiting for the sale” or it will all go away.
Just don’t wait. It’s three months until the next quarter…
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Dave Sim Parodies X-Men For New Comic, Giant-Size Jingles - October 17, 2018
- Blake Northcott and Donny Tran Launch New ‘What If?’ Line From Aspen in January 2019 Solicits - October 17, 2018